• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

HELP! What's dis white shit on my plants and is it harming them.

Whosajiggawaaa

Bluelighter
It isn't like any pest I've ever seen.

I'm thinking it's either the Seagrow fert I spray on the leaves or bits of paint from the whit wall next to it which is chipping. I use a high pressure hose and mist over the plants but a lot of water hits the wall quite hard....

Is it anything to worry about? Some of the white stuff goes when I water em.

SHould I consider putting em somewhere else (it very illegal here) that why have to bee sneaky.

2014-02-15172921_zpse31a9738.jpg

and this is a slightly older pic.

2014-02-13173138_zps4c1ff1ca.jpg

I think its chalking from the painted wall. Magnifying the photo I can see it on the top edge of your pots as well. Just old titanium dioxide but a good rain should remove it.

That looks like mildew and a touch of nutrient burn to me.

Borne in mind. Have been going hard on the Seagrow. Will tone it down.

and maybe change spots if I have to if mildew. I think I should act pre-emptively before there are proper buds. I'm going to try eradicate the white stuff ,Gonna try a bicarb spray.

Last edited:
A higher pressure sprayer with mainly water and a bit of bicarb has solved the problem.

Baking soda is good for maintenance shots but I'd wipe the plants down with some plant-safe fungicide for now just to get rid of it quick. It's definitely better to go sparingly on the nutrients for a better quality of smoke. IME it's better to risk nutrient deficiencies* and address problems when they show rather than keep the plant loaded with ferts.

How's your soil? Lots of Perlite is a must

*you can find photo guides on Google to help identify specific deficiencies

Soil is a mix of standard bought potting soil and dug natural soil mainly natural soil.Will get perlite tomo, it's night here.

Is mildew very bad/bad news ?

I also changed the location of my more mature plant (which had the white shit on the leaves which mostly came off with sprays) so I can monitor it.

No, mildew's not too bad if you nip it in the bud, poor drainage is a factor for fungal infections so a good soil mix will help prevent it in the future.

Using aerated compost and worm casting teas are also a very good way to increase your soil/plant's health, which will in turn strengthen its resistance to fungi.

I've found neem oil is a great preventative for Powdered mildew as well :)

A higher pressure sprayer with mainly water and a bit of bicarb has solved the problem.

alright fella hope ur well mucka i dont mean to sound like a twat but let me assure you water an bicarb WILL NOT solve your mildew problem it dose slow it down an thats fine in veg but once your in flower an buds are formin you cant spray ya plants incase of bud rot an that mildew will be back big time it will destroy your crop mucka honestly iv been there with it iv tried all sorts to GET RID of it even down to burnin 20 plants an stripping out my entire groom an washin with bleach it still came back in the next crop BUT BUT its your lucky day fella cos iv tried everything an to save you time an money ill tell you how to cure mildew an fungas gnats an there maggots root rot an most other grow related problems all you need is a bottle of microbial it kills 99.9% of molds/rot/damp/insects put some in a spray bottle an spray every tiny bit of your room with it total wipe out m8 it kills mildew on contact best thing about it is you can spray your plants with it for mildew /gnats/spidermite or you can water your plants with it to kill the gnats maggots that eat roots hope this helps ya m8 leepy

Lol I read the thread title as "HELP! What's dis white shit on my pants and is it harming them." Good for a laugh lol... the tale of the infectious pants!!!..

rofl! It's just my inner goodness spilling out like that south park with butters inner goo and sarcastaball.

Haha, I have to comment that I read this as "Help what's dis white shit on my pants, is it harming them?!?".

FYI: I sorted the problem they are now thriving and starting to bud. I've done the bottom(very bottom of plant) pruning on both and will have a lil test smoke of the prebuds when they dry for teh lols.