Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help! Using Oxy after Bupe

Misssmiley

Greenlighter
Hey Guys, I am a long term chronic pain patient caused by the docs at the hospital over 10 years ago. I have been in debilitating pain ever since. I have tried everything from fent to Panadol and everything in between. After all these years I have found SR OxyContin and Endone work best for me. Last week the doctor suggested I try the bupe patch, so I did. It did help with withdrawals as I didn’t have any but it did not help much with the pain. So I took the patch off after 4 days. The next day I had my usual oxy but I found that it didn’t work at all. So the next day I tried tripling the dose and it also didn’t work!!! Has this happened to anybody else? I am scared that now not even oxy is going to help me and I’m going to be stuck in bed forever! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I don’t know what to do.

Bupe has a crazy long half life, 20-70 hours so there's probably still some in your system. Its a high affinity mu agonist so it doesn't let other stuff get in there easily to agonize the receptor

Last edited:
definitely what they posted above ^

you gotta give it a good 3-4 days to feel anything, buprenorphine has a huge binding affinity and full-agonist opioids cannot compete with it. you’ll be wasting any drugs that you take after bupe, so just give it a few days.

take care xo