• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction HELP - Took wellbutrin instead of trazadone by accident

idontremember

Bluelighter
OMG, I'm a moron, it's night time, trying to go to bed and took wellbutrin instead of trazadone by accident. This is my first day on wellbutrin. Was supposed to take one pill for a week (150mg) and then two from then on. It's almost 9:30pm, I took one this morning at 6am. What do I do? Do I still take another one tomorrow at 6am? Will I now never go to sleep? I'm an idiot but they're both large-ish, white, and round. Am I just going to be totally screwed tonight and tomorrow? I can't believe I did that. Am I going to be a mental basketcase tomorrow? Today was already a bad day, is tomorrow now going to be even worse? I'm assuming this is not a medical emergency, right? Or is it?

I can't make myself throw up. i don't know how and I'd wake everyone up and they'd probably assume I took drugs or something, not that I accidentally took effing wellbutrin.

It might be a smart thing to contact poison control or an ER for advice. Not saying I think its an emergency, but I'm not a physician.

In the opinion of some guy on the internet, you'll probably be fine but I doubt you'll get good sleep if any. Are you epileptic or do you have a history of seizures? What other media are you on?

Youl be fine. You might feel abit overstimulated but thats it really. You can go up to 300mg's after 3 days anyway so its not that big of a deal.

It might be a smart thing to contact poison control or an ER for advice. Not saying I think its an emergency, but I'm not a physician.

In the opinion of some guy on the internet, you'll probably be fine but I doubt you'll get good sleep if any. Are you epileptic or do you have a history of seizures? What other media are you on?
I had a seizure over 10 years ago due to an OD, but I've never had one since. I do have gabapentin and clonodine, I think both would help with the seizure potential? My concern about calling anyone is that everyone already thinks I'm a junkie moron and I'm sick of confirming that they're right. I just got out of detox a couple of days ago. I really would rather not call anyone, but would if I had to.

Youl be fine. You might feel abit overstimulated but thats it really. You can go up to 300mg's after 3 days anyway so its not that big of a deal.
OK, thank you! I should probably skip my morning dose at 6 though, right? I feel really dumb for doing this but man, they look a lot alike and I'm still feeling really, really off in general. Lots of brain fog, etc.