• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids help to reduce tramadol dose

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
Hello everyone I need help to reduce tramadol, I was taking 750mg per day about 5 months ago, so my tolerance is somewhat high, today I only took 480mg (here in Argentina we have tramadol of 75mg and 80mg)
I tried to leave it with cold turkey 2 days ago but the withdrawal was horrible, I tried to control the withdrawal with loperamide but without any results, I took 14mg and I did not receive any relief, I could even go to the bathroom normally, I will not take it again.
So, I am thinking of reducing from this dose (400mg) I think I could use, without euphoric effects but if relief, how much should I reduce? how much every how often? Did anyone have the same experience?
By the way, tomorrow I will not have tramadol, so I will be abstinence one day until the vet will be on Monday morning (yes, it is without a prescription at vets)
Do you have any idea how I could cope tomorrow?

i have access to ketamine .. could this help?

Tramadol is a tricky fucker because it has both opioid and SNRI properties. When you taper from tramadol you are tapering from effectively two classes of drug at once.

I'd say work out what level of reduction you are comfortable with then set yourself a schedule based on that. Getting under 400mg is a good idea because anything over that has an increased seizure risk.

Coping one day without it hopefully won't be too rough. Benzos and weed could help get through it if you have access to either. If you can get kratom or codeine, even better, those will certainly help you come off tramadol more comfortably in general too.

I came off tramadol quite easily by using RC cathinones of some sort and eating a spoonful of poppy seeds(not much really) and I'd have one 8mg codeine/30mg psuedoephedrine/500mg paracetamol tablet a day for like ten days with 150mg Lyrica and for some reason it was a relatively painless experience.
I don't know why it was such a smooth
detox.might have been the cathinones

As above, Tramadol is both an opioid and an SNRI (Serotonin-Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitor).

Are you ON an SNRI or SSRI? I switched from Tramadol to Dihydrocodeine with ZERO withdrawal because I was already on am SSRI and then the DHC is a stronger opioid than Tramadol so zero withdrawal from that end either.
Do you have access to any other opioids? I don't mean anything like "oh, just use heroin), but if you can buy something like codeine from a pharmacy that would help., ye

But, yep. Coming off Tramadol is a BITCH. I saw my aunt go through it and she'd only been taking 200mg/day (legit doctor-prescribed).

Thanks for the answers, I certainly do not have access to other opiates, so the idea of reducing from there, I will see how this week goes and how much I can go down, I was thinking of something like 80mg every 3 or 4 days, but I will take my time in the same way.
I woke up an hour ago and I don't feel bad besides sweat and a little anxiety, I'm going out to smoke some herb, I know it's a matter of hours to experience withdrawal again.
Within an hour they bring me 10 tramadol pills but with paracetamol. 32.7mg tramadol and 350mg of paracetamol, I know that it is bad to take more than 1 gram of paracetamol at a time, actually the 10 do not make my usual dose, but also Of that bring me some pills of carisoprodol 350mg, could I just take fewer pills of trams and see if I get something from carisoprodol ... what do you think?

Thanks for the answers, I certainly do not have access to other opiates, so the idea of reducing from there, I will see how this week goes and how much I can go down, I was thinking of something like 80mg every 3 or 4 days, but I will take my time in the same way.
I woke up an hour ago and I don't feel bad besides sweat and a little anxiety, I'm going out to smoke some herb, I know it's a matter of hours to experience withdrawal again.
Within an hour they bring me 10 tramadol pills but with paracetamol. 32.7mg tramadol and 350mg of paracetamol, I know that it is bad to take more than 1 gram of paracetamol at a time, actually the 10 do not make my usual dose, but also Of that bring me some pills of carisoprodol 350mg, could I just take fewer pills of trams and see if I get something from carisoprodol ... what do you think?

Carisoprodol will certainly help you with nearly any withdrawal, but it is quite a nasty drug to be addicted to also.

Carisoprodol will certainly help you with nearly any withdrawal, but it is quite a nasty drug to be addicted to also.

I have taken the carisoprodol before, I see why someone would become addicted, but it is not something I want to do, I am seeing it as a help to cope today

I have been abusing Tramadol for more than 1 year. I have had to stop cold turkey many times.

IMHO, during withdrawl the worst are the symptoms associated with the antidepressant effect of Tramadol. Sertraline and Pregabalin have helped me to alleviate these symptoms a bit.

The problem is when I feel better (after two weeks without Tramadol) I use it again and I think that THIS TIME I will be able to control it but it is never like that. It is a miserable vicious circle.