• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP PROMETHIZIN makes me angry and restless - permanent?

Byzek

Bluelighter
it was everything fine i felt great but i was a lil bit overtrained so i decided to go to my doc to improve my sleep and my recovery.
Im so stupid but ok i wanted benzos he said nooo benzos are evil blabla he prescribed me promethizim he said its an antihistaminikum ah said well ok.
Then i took one tab with 25mg on 100kg and i read its an antipsychotic i thought wtf a tried to vomit it out with a teeth brush lol i know but then i zhought ok well im not gonna day.
The next day i was ecöxtremely dizzy and lil bit confused i walked around like i was like 3 times in the same grocery store for food and did not buy nothing and drove around with metro until i finally bought something and then in the evening i felt a lil bit restless and hopelessless and i worried about thingd ok weird. I did not took snything no promethizin.
Then today i woke up what s dhitty day i felt so restless and angry i habe this inner anger like it would squeeze my chest. I dont know what this is. I wanted to go to my doc but i didnt coz i think i would beat him. I wouldt say that i wanna kill myself but i feel a lil bit like i would like to harm myself.
I noticed im chewing on my nails im never doing this. Omg i hope it will go sway.
The whole positive effects of 5htp are gone.
Its crazy i feel like im on a meth withdrswal or whatever i dont know where this anger comes from.
I feel raped i could cry i dont know what happeneded - will it go away?

@Byzek I've taken it in 25-100mg doses and it's never done anything like that to me. Maybe feel slightly groggy for a few hours the next morning but nothing like what you describe... 🤷‍♂️

Everyone reacts differently I guess. You obviously just don't get along with them.

When you don't feel as if you're going to beat him (lol), go back to the doc n explain EXACTLY what you just told us. If you can't explain then even show him it to read... He should take you off them and give you something different.

Have you tried nytol/Diphenhydramine or valerian root, for sleep?

@Byzek I've taken it in 25-100mg doses and it's never done anything like that to me. Maybe feel slightly groggy for a few hours the next morning but nothing like what you describe... 🤷‍♂️

Everyone reacts differently I guess. You obviously just don't get along with them.

When you don't feel as if you're going to beat him (lol), go back to the doc n explain EXACTLY what you just told us. If you can't explain then even show him it to read... He should take you off them and give you something different.

Have you tried nytol/Diphenhydramine or valerian root, for sleep?
Oh nooo im not taking any medicine for the rest of my life except ibuprofene never ever i dont wanna be a laboratory rat.
I JUST TOOK IT ONCE ON MONDAY 25MG - WILÖ IT BE PERMSNENT?

My trust in doctors are fully gone. Read my other post about antidepressiva. And now this with rpomethizin.
No no i dont wanna fuck with ym mood

But its the 4rd day i feel depressed and its getting wore and worse

Promethazine isn't an anti psychotic.
U won't be feeling anything after the 2nd day.its all in your head

or what can it be ? why i feel so "not here" i htink its called derealisation oder depersonalisatioN?

I tried it again today. Thabk god i took just 10mg
Wow i was calm now i cant sleep im lil bit aggressive and want to punch someone.
Had to go to kfc and get some chicken and cookie. On the way i was rhinking about giving my doctor a drop kick and beat the cashier altough i like him. We did some small talk and i smiled but in my inner i wanted to punch him

Guess it's its muscarinic antagonism paired to some 5ht2b that gives it properties that can cause what you describe. You should reread yourself before posting.