• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants HELP PLEASE

Joycez

Bluelighter
My boyfriend has been using heroin for 4 years and started using meth more frequently three months ago. His stomach is not the best so eating sugars for him is always a bad thing and we might think he has diabetes or pre stages of it. But anyway, I went through my withdrawals and ended up getting really sick but him however is worse.

he hasn’t used heroin for 4 months now and is done with those withdrawals but tonight he ate a ton of sugars and his stomach is hurting as well as this is the first day he’s on withdrawals of meth.

any tips to help with it? He’s in thebathroom with stomach achesright now and his pain is a 8 out of 10 :((

are you sure he's been free of opioids? stomach pain/nausea is a very common effect in opioid withdrawal... never heard of meth causing that.

I think the loss of appetite/nausea on methamphetamine isn't from the stomach being irrritated by the meth, it's instead actually part of the effects of meth. Meth causes norepinephrine release which causes the fight-or-flight response which decreases appetite and intestinal motility, and in addition can cause nausea/vomiting by excessive dopamine release stimulating the chemoreceptor trigger zone (vomiting center in your brain - some antiemetic medications like metoclopramide work by blocking dopamine receptors - this is why).

Simply put, people can get nauseous smoking, snorting, plugging, shooting, etc meth just as easily as if they eat it.