• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP, please!

georgiaraex

Greenlighter
So, I got home from prison January 19th of this year, and a couple days after I was out I started getting cravings for heroin. I didn't know what else to do, I couldnt lose my family and I am currently on parole and I DEFINATELY don't want to go back there 8) SO, I started using suboxone, and I am currently too. I take about 1.5mg a day and tried to stop twice. The first day was okay, the second I just couldn't take it anymore. I have a short span, so all these long tapers aren't going to work for me. When I asked for Suboxone at my outpatient clinic my counselor told me that I could get the vivitrol shot, which I don't want. I know this works for me, but on my first drug eval I failed for Suboxone so they think I have a problem. Personally I think its the counselor im working with.. Cause with the amount im taking its really not enough to get high, just enough to get the cravings away cause im absolutely petrified to go back to heroin OR prison. I don't know what to do to help me with the withdrawals.. I wanted to do a taper. But I don't have enough time for that. I really wanted to be on the sub program, I'm wondering if I should switch outpatients. Regardless now im to the point to where if I don't take it, ill be in withdrawal and relapse. I just am so stuck, and so stressed. I've never done anything like this.. I'm hoping for some words of advice.8(

I don't have personal experience with H but there are a lot of former users I've met online who swear by Kratom, they say it helps the withdrawals a lot. We can't really name sources here but people have reported it's pretty widely available "out there".

Also, I really dig that teal-colored font you use.

For me loperamide bought me time and kept wd at bay but it comes at a price. Check out my recent posts on it. It is long acting like suboxone or methadone and for me they have a lot of similarities. I commend you on seeking help and taking the minimum dose to not be sick as opposed to trying to get high. That speaks volumes as to your sincerity and if your counselor/dr cannot understand the value and discipline that takes then they have no business in that line of work! I would find someone new. There are still good ones out there who won't penalize you for being honest. Best of luck to you and stay strong and if all else fails try a rehab with a good detox program. I had several nasty addictions and a week and a half taper of Suboxone plus support worked wonders. Truly. Those six weeks taught me valuable coping skills and forged great friendships and it was my easiest detox ever. They even woke me in the middle of the night to give me my dose. Just food for thought.

Yeah kratom works really well for some people including myself. I've only done it a handful of times but everytime I've used kratom it's worked. You should try it out. Plus it's not expensive.

FentanylBliss out

Suboxone works great for cravings but it is very hard to get off of if you take it longer than a month or two. While I am a strong proponent of suboxone tapering and/or maintenance (depending on the individual situation), I believe one should go with a non or less addictive solution if and when possible.

Given that you are recently paroled and still have very strong cravings, you have a lot of hard work ahead of you to get yourself into a good, stable groove in life. In your position, I'd give kratom and some of the other things people suggest a try first. If I had no luck with that, I would find a good sub doctor then focus on getting my life together. Once I'm good and stable, work with my doctor to taper off. Sub docs tend to prescribe overly high doses. I only would take what I need to be well.

That's just what works for me... Suboxone literally saved me. In a matter of days I went from a pretty bad place to functioning normally again. I have some great friends that I turned to for support and a great job that I didn't have to lose to an addiction. I got my life back together and made up for lost time, then started weaning down. I'm feeling better and better as time goes on. Anyhow, that's quite enough about me. Best of luck to you!

Are you allowed to get a sub script? Around herbit would be a violation if on drug court dont know about parole though

Yeah I can get a sub script, It's allowed. I just need to figure out how to explain how there is already sub in my system without it looking like i'm abusing them. UGH.

im only taking about 2mg a day now, but if I come off just 2 mg, I still feel like absolute crap. I know its not just mental cause my whole body gets hot, I get the yawns, and sneezy. Also very like restless.

You're trying to come off too high a dose.

I understand your need for haste. A rapid taper with bupe is not only possibly as getRocked mentioned below, IMO its the best form of bupe detox.

You're at 2mg/day now. Go to 1.5 tomorrow, then 1. Go 1mg a couple days. You should do fine. Maybe split the dose in half, half morning half night.

You can also try plugging to get more bang per buck (or mg as it were).

If you have subutex you also have the luxury of crushing and snorting it.

The big 8mg generic subutex tablets are great for tapering to low doses.

Whatever you do, your goal is to jump off at a dose like 0.5, or better yet, 0.25mg's (or less if possible). Starting at 2mg, this can be achieved anywhere between 4 days and 2 weeks.

Bottom line - you're trying to jump off at too high a dose too soon.

try tapering slower bud just find the strength within yourself to do it
its not a race do it at a pace you're comfortable with, as long as you're reducing you're progressing

just thought id update everybody, my last dose of Suboxone may 1st, 2016. doesn't seem like long but I overcame it, I have no desire to do it at all!