• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help Please! IV gone wrong?

thunderclap

Greenlighter
Ill start by saying im fairly new to IVing. Im a long time opiate/heroin user though.

Ok so just a while ago I did a shot of black tar heroin, used some cotton as a filter. This was about 30 mins ago.

After finally hitting a vein and injecting, about 10-15 mins later, I looked down at the crook of my arm and noticed a big puffy circle where I injected at. The puffy circle is surrounded by lots of redness. Ive yet to see this out of my 20 or so IVs ive done and is starting to concern me.

I dont feel any numbness, though the IV site feels pretty sore.

I will attach a picture as soon as I can.

If someone could help me figure out whats going on I would really, REALLY appreciate it. I am trying to avoid going to the Dr/ER at all costs, unless absolutely necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_194318213edit.jpg
    IMG_20190414_194318213edit.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 11
Your no doubt going to get a abscess so put cold compresses in it for 15 mins if u get infected go to doctor as you can die if left untreated abscess they will slice open and clean out and pack it with antibiotic tape. Good luck. And I think you missed big time

Your no doubt going to get a abscess so put cold compresses in it for 15 mins if u get infected go to doctor as you can die if left untreated abscess they will slice open and clean out and pack it with antibiotic tape. Good luck. And I think you missed big time
Thanks for your input. Ive been holding an ice pack on it for about 15-20 min and it is looking much better now.

I posted this exact same thread on another forum and another guy said I have an infection. Didnt even mention abscess. I thought itd be weird to develop an infection so quick, as I posted the thread only about 30 mins after doing the IV.

What you said seems to match up with my situation more. I guess by tomorrow morning ill know whether or no I need to go to the Dr.

Edit: After removing the ice pack all the "puffyness" is gone. Theres now just redness.

The ice helps the redness is infection keep ice on ten mins with towel wrapped around so ice not close to skin but cold. Good luck dude

How's your arm?

I have never injected tar so honestly no idea if you have done the prep correctly or have forced solution into your vein so hard it blew out.

I thought a warm pack and elevation would have been better for this but if cold helps that's fine.

It looks like a really bad miss. Don't use that area again mate, don't even think about it as it's not going to end well.