• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

help please. best friend is in the mental hospital ... he did acid 5 days ago.

MollyNewb

Greenlighter
he did acid on sunday and had a BAD trip. but then on monday he woke up feeling good but was acting wierd. than tuesday he thinks he is jesus and is a complete different person. after thursday we took him to the hospital and they put him in a mental hospital. i guess he got some bad lsd? my other friends took it and they were fine , but he got a bad trip and now he is a complete new person 5 days later. not sure much about acid, but i figure some of u guys might know what happened to him? and chances of him snapping out of him? just worried for the guy =/

it was his first time doing acid. he took it right before he went to the rave. but then the rave was canceled due to thunder storms. and he started freaking out because it was kicking in as he was trying to walk back with his friends(who were also tripping) and thats all i know(i wasnt there) he told me he was in hell on sunday. and then monday he seemed to be doing ok but ssaid some random stuff through txt message. but then thursday i found out he was going around preaching to people thinking he was actually jesus and they took him to the hospital where they then moved him to a mental hospital! very worried

There's nothing we can really tell you here. He could be having a psychotic episode or some other psychological issue brought to the surface by tripping. Or it could be that he just metabolizes the drug poorly and is having a very extended trip. I recommend trying to visit him in the hospital if you're concerned.

I doubt it was bad acid since everyone else that took it is fine. It seems like he's had a break with reality. I agree though u should definitly go visit him and lend your support. I had a break on shrooms once and it took days to come out of. Very very scary looking back at it. I hope everything's ok! Please post when you find out how he's doing...

I doubt it was bad acid since everyone else that took it is fine. It seems like he's had a break with reality. I agree though u should definitly go visit him and lend your support. I had a break on shrooms once and it took days to come out of. Very very scary looking back at it. I hope everything's ok! Please post when you find out how he's doing...

he was released from the hospital. been almost 3 weeks since he did the acid. he doesnt think hes jesus but he is acting retarded... like he is complaining his ears and eyes hurt and that he wants to move in with some guy that he met at the pychward. but hes actually supposed to be moving to another state. in a month for work but obviously thats no longer happening... he also says "my thoughts are unclear" whatever that means. im just hoping he doesnt have pernament damage and can go back to his old self.... with time of course...

Is he taking anti-psychotics? Those tend to make people feel "retarded".

ebola

he was released from the hospital. been almost 3 weeks since he did the acid. he doesnt think hes jesus but he is acting retarded... like he is complaining his ears and eyes hurt and that he wants to move in with some guy that he met at the pychward. but hes actually supposed to be moving to another state. in a month for work but obviously thats no longer happening... he also says "my thoughts are unclear" whatever that means. im just hoping he doesnt have pernament damage and can go back to his old self.... with time of course...
geez sorry to hear. I pray time will heal him back his normal self. That must be such a nightmare being stuck like that 24-7, I can't imagine how awful that must be for him...

Becareful, "bad acid" usually has an infinite half life.
"Unclear thoughts" indicates disorganized thinking. I got a good feeling it will be temporary and he will return to he's old self. More importantly will be your patience and support until then.

Becareful, "bad acid" usually has an infinite half life.

thats completely untrue. no drug has an "infinite half life". its just the mental condition/disorder that may have been induced by said drug that can be permanent. however, in most cases it generally clears up within 6-12 months with proper psychological support and medical treatment. it may be a long road ahead, however i hope its not. sending all my best regards and hope he gets better soon.

ntrue. no drug has an "infinite half life". its just the mental condition/disorder that may have been induced by said drug that can be permanent.

Well, it's also the case that psychosis is almost never permanent. Even those with severe organic schizophrenia have cyclical periods of natural remission. But it's true that once one incurs multiple psychotic episodes, there will likely be lifelong issues to deal with of some sort.

ebola