• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

[Help Please] Adderall Ignorance

FN57

Greenlighter
Ok so Monday I was prescribed 10mg Adderall IR Daily. Took my dose felt NOTHING. So Tuesday rolls around and due to my complete and utter ignorance of amphetamine tolerance I decided to start using it recreationally because the purpose of the script was to see if it made my anxiety worse and report back, which it didnt. I have GAD and to a lesser degree panic attacks but I also have ADD. So Tuesday i took 30mg Adderall got pretty intense euphoria but yet and still no negative effects on my anxiety so im like cool. So Later that night several hours later I took another 40mg (yes i know i really should have researched this medication more thoroughly). So now to Wednesday I took 60mg. This is when I realized what an idiot I am. AMPHETAMINE TOLERANCE AINT NO JOKE.

Now for my Question: 2-3 day binge. How long must i wait to reset my tolerance and feel euphoria from this medication again?

Ive been all over the internet & Ive seen the stories of insane waiting periods but that was from months - years of use. Not a 3 day binge.

And I thought Gabapentin was a pain in the ass.

That's really uncommon, amphetamine tolerance does not build up that quickly. I'm guessing since you binged it you just got used to the feeling to the point where you barely felt it. Its not a matter of tolerance, it's the fact that you used it too frequently. Take it like once a day and you'll still feel it for at least a week, probably couple weeks though. I'm also guessing your natural tolerance is incredibly high. Natural tolerance varies with all drugs, but amphetamines much more than most. 40 mg of adderall is potentially fatal (for like 2% of people, but still possible), whereas some people may need at least 40 mg to feel high. If you took 60 mg at once and didn't have a major panic attack, go to the hospitalor die, you're probably in the top 10% of people with the highest natural tolerance to amps. The first few times you took it, you felt it at a low dose (for you) because it was a new drug that you've never done before. Those doses will probably never get you more than buzzed again. All in all, don't take it more than once a day, and use higher doses (but not dangerous). Don't increase the dose by more than 20 mg from what you can handle at a time, and keep a benzo around because they counter amp ODs. good luck, stay safe, have fun

Yea I mean I feel the medication I just dont feel high anymore even with that dose increase. First day that i dosed twice i caught a buzz now only thing i catch is a pounding heart and the ability to down a shit ton of valium and still not be able to go to sleep. I think both lack of proper sleep and valiums long half life is messing up the high. This is all i can conclude honestly at this point. I took a daily zinc supplement this morning and since the only magnesium products i have are milk of magnesia and roll aids (I know, not the ideal type of magnesium), ill be taken that before I dose tonight as an experiment but after that I suppose ill give it 3 or 4 days before i dose gain (unless advised differently).

New question: After the break can i go back to 30 - 40 mg instead of being stuck at 60 - 70mg due to tolerance and get a buzz or will this take a longer period of time than 3-4 days to get my brain somewhat back to normal to the point i can catch some sort of buzz rather than just having the wide awake feeling?

Actually, I have the same experience with adderall and other amphetamines when using them on consecutive days. Second day isn't as good as the first, and the third consecutive day the euphoria is diminished almost to nothing.

I do not have ADD and have never had a script for amphetamines, but did used to have regular access to where I'd use them several times a month, and always found this to be the case if I did not take breaks in between days. Generally, by the third day, I'd be left with little in the way of positive effects in general. I think this is partly what turned me off to amphetamines (that and my already high anxiety level).

I don't think it's a "tolerance" so much as it is almost re-dosing, when not allowing the substance to clear your body before going at it again. This is from a purely recreational standpoint...

U cant dose every day. Euphoria will be gone on the 2nd or 3rd day. U'll only be feeling OKAY at best. At worst you'll only be feeling physical stimulation side effects. Try to wait a week or at least 5 days between doses if you're looking for EUPHORIA.

Also i suggest u be very careful with this medication. Only use it for emergencies where u absolutely need to be as productive as u can. It can really fuck ur life in a few years... u can check out my recent post if you want, i shared a story how adderall really messed up my life and motivation

U cant dose every day. Euphoria will be gone on the 2nd or 3rd day. U'll only be feeling OKAY at best. At worst you'll only be feeling physical stimulation side effects. Try to wait a week or at least 5 days between doses if you're looking for EUPHORIA.

Also i suggest u be very careful with this medication. Only use it for emergencies where u absolutely need to be as productive as u can. It can really fuck ur life in a few years... u can check out my recent post if you want, i shared a story how adderall really messed up my life and motivation

Yup ive been researching amps all day no bs & here i thought my valium was bad. all these medications ruin your brain over time but amps get you so fast. Imo worse than heroin. I got the adderall for my ADD but after reading all these ppls research and experience this is a twice a weak drug at most and even then you might get fucked in the long run. Ill keep asking for it for a few more months to stock pile then im going to try to find a different way to manage my ADD bc this shit is way to risky not to mention all these vitamins and minerals you need to buy. ffs my script alone was 219$ then i need magnesium ect. haha no i aint that loaded.

Adderall, is a very fickle, or unpredictable drug... I take 20mg daily, and feel it fine.. every single day, now... granted, as in fine.. I mean, I no longer have such terrible ADHD symptoms as I do when I do take it, and it does what its supposed to do.. Its much better from a therapeutic standpoint, if you have ADD... Or ask your doc to try another stimulant if you feel Adderall isn't quite doing what you want.. I have yet to try it, but have heard lots of good things about Dexedrine, just dextro-amp, like Adderall, but without levo-amp! I also take klonopin, as I am also prescribed it.. and it doesn't do anything to ruin the feeling of the Adderall.. If you don't REALLY need it daily... I would just take like you mentioned earlier OP, little breaks, 3-5 days spaced out, if you are looking for more of a high, than to just to feel right like I get.. I take kpin, subutx, and adds.. they all do a little something nice, even years into taking them all.. but as with everyone else, tolerance is there.. I don't get high.. I get right! I feel good all day from the Adderall too, and they are IRs.. I also rail them, which is the only way I can get them to actually work! sounds like bs I know, but I have serious stomach acid issues, and I drink coffee every A.M. right when I wake up.. I have to take hella tums or antacids, to get the Adderall working correct.. Taking Adderall oral, does next to nothing for me.. my stomach is constantly acidic.. so I try and sniff it lightly, very very lightly.. however, I am not advertising to everyone on here "go sniff you Adderall!" but just stating my personal experience.

Yup ive been researching amps all day no bs & here i thought my valium was bad. all these medications ruin your brain over time but amps get you so fast. Imo worse than heroin. I got the adderall for my ADD but after reading all these ppls research and experience this is a twice a weak drug at most and even then you might get fucked in the long run. Ill keep asking for it for a few more months to stock pile then im going to try to find a different way to manage my ADD bc this shit is way to risky not to mention all these vitamins and minerals you need to buy. ffs my script alone was 219$ then i need magnesium ect. haha no i aint that loaded.

I never tried heroin and for some reason could not feel moderate doses of oxy or hydro. I've been using benzos as a tool in certain situations for about a year now and I can definitely say that Adderall is MUCH more addictive. I never feel the urge to redose benzos or take them every day. The only time i NEED to take them is after adderall haha..

My reasoning behind this is that benzos make u sleepy and LESS functional at work, school, at home doing chores. They just make u wanna relax in bed and do nothing. People with severe anxiety probably find this very addictive, but not me. Adderall on the other hand makes me get all my work done faster, I am more functional, sharper, and it makes me feel like a "perfect" version of myself. But unfortunately not for long... lol

After all Adderall is schedule 2 together with opiates and meth, while benzos are schedule 4

Excellent post....I went from taking 60mgs a day to going through 59 ct. 30mg IR pills in 72 hours....haven't touched it since

It is best to try to use Adderall at least every other day in order to avoid building a tolerance. You'll still build one over time, but using it every day causes it to lose its effect hella fast for some reason. Even smaller doses

My script is almost gone anyway but i got a ton of valium for the shitty come down thats about to hit me probably tomorrow. when i get my next months script ik the deal now. Ive' done so much web browsing on this topic plus read your guys posts. Thanks.

P.S Does anyone know anything else that will ease the come down? or is the valium sufficient?

P.S Does anyone know anything else that will ease the come down? or is the valium sufficient?

Benzos are a godsend for amphetamine comedown. There is nothing better.

Clonidine, gabapentin and phenibut are also useful but nowhere near as good as benzos. As long as you have valium, no need to seek anything else out.

Also, do not drink alcohol for the comedown. Your sleep will be shitty and all it will do is cause the crash to carry over into the next day.

Benzos are a godsend for amphetamine comedown. There is nothing better.

Clonidine, gabapentin and phenibut are also useful but nowhere near as good as benzos. As long as you have valium, no need to seek anything else out.

Also, do not drink alcohol for the comedown. Your sleep will be shitty and all it will do is cause the crash to carry over into the next day.

basically this

smoking weed and taking a benzo is pretty much the gold standard for coming down off any stimulant

Alright thanks for the info. lol funny im prescribed 2 meds you can only take twice a week to avoid tolerance....and well my valium, i get almost no tolerance to it and has almost no recreation value, just knocks me out at 20mg.

How much do you weigh? What's your height?
I take 15mg ir once a day and its all i need. With adderall if you use it as prescribed at a low dose of wont really experience any withdraw the days you go without it, MAYBE you'll be tired and hungry that's it.
If you legitimately need it take it as prescribed and don't fuck your receptors up Ive been on 15mg for a year and i take it maybe 4 times a week.

Mind you I did have ADD to a degree.

Now for your question I'd say a week, don't take it for a week and you'll probably be back to normal. Amphetamine tolerance is weird you can take NMDA agnostics (something like that) and it will lower your tolerance tremendously.

I have no issues with adderall i take it if i want and if I don't I don't. After taking it for 6+ months you'll start to hate it, itlll feel gross dirty nasty everything under sun it will make you feel like shit. So like with everything moderation is key.

This is my first post and I'm bored so i decided to post this because i have experience with adderall.