• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Help! Painful injury from injecting heroin

Lgd44

Greenlighter

I've never seen anything like this from injecting before, it was extremely painful at the time. Is it a burst blood vessel with some blood pooling under the skin or something more serious and i should get medical attention. Any help is appreciated thanks

I've never seen anything like this from injecting before, it was extremely painful at the time. Is it a burst blood vessel with some blood pooling under the skin or something more serious and i should get medical attention. Any help is appreciated thanks

It’s hard to say. I mean when I used to use iv drugs if I missed it would do something similar to that but not to that extent. You may need to see a doctor. I’ve known people who have lost arms from IV use. Not trying to scare you but IVing is very risky business and though I think most that lost their arms were due to abscesses. Idk though. I think you may need to see a doctor TBH.

Maybe you missed and it had something toxic in it? We just don’t really know what they are cutting it with, well aside from fentanyl. We know that.

It's best not to take risks with things of this nature. Abcesses, infections etc can all be deadly. I'd go get it checked out at a hospital ASAP. Best of luck.

Go and get it checked out just for your own peace of mind and health.,whatever it is you get it seen to asap....you dont want it to get bigger.Looks like some sort of infection but im only guessing.....all the best in getting it sorted out

Listen I don't want to scare you.. I am on the east coast in an area known for "Tranq Dope" where xylazine is being cut into the supply semi regularly. I have had something that looked like that twice and both times it turned into like a black leather from the dead tissue. The second time I had to have surgery to remove it due to the pain; Its been 12 months and the wound is finally ALMOST closed. I still go to wound care every week. I will tell you though that after 15+ years of shooting heroin this "Tranq Dope" has finally made me lose my want to get high. It's just not like it used to be out there.

Its so short sighted of these criminal organizations to cut with xylazine and fent, if you scare your customers off thats bad for business. I just looked it up I had no idea xylazine was an analog of clonidine, sounds like it would make you feel like shit.

Listen I don't want to scare you.. I am on the east coast in an area known for "Tranq Dope" where xylazine is being cut into the supply semi regularly. I have had something that looked like that twice and both times it turned into like a black leather from the dead tissue. The second time I had to have surgery to remove it due to the pain; Its been 12 months and the wound is finally ALMOST closed. I still go to wound care every week. I will tell you though that after 15+ years of shooting heroin this "Tranq Dope" has finally made me lose my want to get high. It's just not like it used to be out there.
This is Afghan brown in Europe and i really don't think it's cut with xylazine it's not a thing over here. When i inserted the needle and drew some blood as i went to push down the plunger the second it went inside it caused immense pain. I think it's just a missed shot on a already damaged vein causing the blood to pool under the skin. But yeah it still looks quite different to any other injection injury I've had, I'll go and get it looked at tomorrow thanks for your responses

Good idea man, I would guess they will give you augmentin and it will clear up.

Yeah if anything it does look like it's going down in size, although still painful to touch and I'm not too keen on the yellow infected area of it. For now I'll just avoid that whole arm all together as it does seem like it's clearing up but it's been 4 days now and probably for the best getting some antibiotics

Btw how do abscesses start, i have lots of lumpy areas on my arm from where I've shot into. Is that the start of them ? I guess it's just time i give the needle up and try to taper down by smoking and get clean

Btw how do abscesses start, i have lots of lumpy areas on my arm from where I've shot into. Is that the start of them ? I guess it's just time i give the needle up and try to taper down by smoking and get clean

Yup this is that moment. That or start to lose limbs. Not judging as I’ve been there. Haven’t shot up anying in probably 15+yrs.

-GC

This is Afghan brown in Europe and i really don't think it's cut with xylazine it's not a thing over here. When i inserted the needle and drew some blood as i went to push down the plunger the second it went inside it caused immense pain. I think it's just a missed shot on a already damaged vein causing the blood to pool under the skin. But yeah it still looks quite different to any other injection injury I've had, I'll go and get it looked at tomorrow thanks for your responses

If you're using Eurobrown than I'm guessing you also use citric acid? That shit burns like fuck.

Not saying you shouldn't get it checked out, but it's kind of par for the course...