PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help on mimosa hostilis extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexkickass89

Greenlighter
I bought a large amount of mimosa hostilis root bark extract powder for very cheep. I was too happy to realize it was too good to be true until it arrived and my many attempts to extract the DMT failed. When I looked back at the listing, I realized it was a "solvent extract" rather then just a powder extract and the color is yellow brown rather then the red brown. Does anyone know of a way to extract DMT from what I have (if there even is DMT in it)? Please let me know if you need more info as the seller did send me an attachment of their process. Anything will help.

I am amazed at the amount of bullshit you are capable of fitting into such a small collection of words...
This.
And I'm not going to help you, because I don't think it's allowed to discuss this.
If it is, I'll read your message.
Because of this post, I'll stay up to date with the topic.
Kthxbai

You already asked this in a different forum and were told that no one can help you with this. I honestly think that you need to start over, when you do something like this you need to know when to cut your losses. You worked with an unknown product from an unknown vendor and it failed sometimes that was the outcome that was going to happen from the beginning.

As I said previously unfortunately you have way too many variables for anyone to help you and you need to start over from the beginning. If you substance is MHRB it is mostly inactive as they "extracted its value" sort of speak, sure you got the remains of their solvent extract but as it wasnt DMT it probably contains no dmt. Please dude i am telling you for your own benefit go out buy some domestic Acacia confusia and form a relationship with the vendor you will get way further then you are. Also there are focus forums such as DMT nexus you will probably have better luck with.

I did this for many years things are different after the ban. I am sorry but this will be closed as an unanswerable question again.

Edit: so after posting this I chose to look for myself and noticed this

Extract Method: Ethanol Or Water
Botanical Source:Mimosa Pudica Linn
Appearance: Brown Yellow Powder
Part Used: whole herb

There is your answer, its a broad spectrum extract (sometimes called 360) it is not root bark but rather herbal extract it also uses water or ethanol to extract this broad spectrum, so my guess is 0- almost 0 dmt content due to wrong extraction method wrong part of the plant and possible wrong subtype of tree for dmt Not all mimosa is equal.

Last edited:
Why would an extract like that be sold? Soap making? Medicinal uses (eg psoriasis)?

Yes absolutely. There are plenty of uses for botanical other then extracting the compounds found within. A lot of plants have oils and other components that people like to use in stuff like that, does it work maybe, but people like adding plants and herbs to things in an effort to increase the desired effect.

There are plenty of uses for botanical other then extracting the compounds found within

It's easy to forget that when you're focused on the psychedelic use:) and I can understand Alexkickass' enthusiasm on finding a bargain.

There's something more to bargains though; I've seen pictures over on the dmt-nexus of wild acacias (in Australia I believe but I can't find the thread right now) that had been stripped of their root bark and left to die, it really was a crime. I think it's important to put some extra effort and money in finding these materials and try and find sustainable sources.

I also grow mushrooms :)

Thanks for all the helpful responses guys. Ill listen to szuko000 and cut my losses. Ill start finding a local vendor for acacia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the helpful responses guys. Ill listen to szuko000 and cut my losses. Ill start finding a local vendor for acacia.

Believe me I speak from experience my friend, I have dumped a handful of jugs after failed attempts and its never easy. I always figured its way better then a bunch of failed extracts and stuff lying around. I also prefer domestic vendors who are interested in the same dyes as me because... you never know what can be in stock domestic but not advertised and building relationships is crucial. Hell I have even spoken to two of my old suppliers on the phone to try to get better deals, its fun building relationships so dont let one bad experience sour your energy and enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.