Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Help! Need someones advice asap!

adoseofdopamine

Greenlighter
LTC help

In the beginning of the year Swim decided to get heavey into mdma. He was also on l-tyrosine for increased dopamine and focus for class and like how it made swim feel. From January to March swim did mdma 4 times all at 300mg each. Never notice to many bad side effects besides some depression for 2 days. It wasn't until the last time swim did mdma in the beginning of March where he smoked tree and took 1000 mg of l-tyrosine and 2000 mg of l-argine to prevent vasoconstriction just in case swim got lucky that night. Swim remembers the peak hit a lot sooner than usual and depression set in right away. Swim has had bad depression, vertigo and severe anxiety ever since then. Its been 2 months and not to much has improved. Did swim permanently damage his serotonin system or is it just going to take a couple more months to start feeling normal? Please dont say how stupid swim is , we all make mistakes and swim def learned from this one, swim just wants to make swim can come back from this.

Last edited:
I would say the general consensus for an LTC is exercise, eat healthy, and practice mindfulness meditation - meditation is especially important for anxiety and sleep issues. Sleep is also very important. You may certainly try 5-HTP, but it might need to be combined with EGCG, a green tea extract, to keep it from being broken down in the bloodstream so it has a better chance of reaching the brain.

There are "acute" effects of MDMA that can last quite a while but they will diminish with time and won't last forever - just to be clear MDMA can easily cause your symptoms without causing actual damage to the brain cells.

Welcome, we don't swim here.

What Cotcha said: move away from drugs for at least 4-6 months (this includes alcohol and weed). Eat healthy, do exercise! You did nothing wrong, and nothing is permanent: your brain is re-wiring. Just relax, it will be over soon, don't over think it. Trust me :)
You can take fish oil capsules, seems to help some people.

l-tyrosine for increased dopamine and focus for class

I think this might be the reason why you are on the LTC. Have you talked to your doctor about the interactions with MDMA?

Yes and my doctor had no idea what l-tyrosine was..she actually googled it on her phone..but i found out for myself that it can lower serotonin or take away from the conversion from tryptophan to 5htp.. and that dopamine becomes neurotoxic after serotonin is depleted from mdma. I wish I knew this before I popped these pills! I thought I would boosted my roll if my dopamine levels were boosted but nope! I really paying for it! I never had so much anxiety/vertgo and insomnia in my life..I havent slept in 2 months for more than 2 hours an night! I just feel sooo stumlated to the point where I can't sit or have organized thoughts its soo scary! Never again will I do that combo! I just hope I can get back to me and that I didnt fry my serotonin receptors forever!

Last edited:
I think you should consider Citalopram and see if it helps you sleep. But keep at the mindfulness - the goal is to turn off your thoughts. It will help bad thought patterns from forming while you're going through this.

I was once even worse than you when I was 15 and personally I just think it times some time to get back to normal, but stuff like exercise, meditation, the right medication, and diet can help speed up the process and make sure you're still in good shape and functional when you do recover.

How long did it take for you to recover and was it like you woke up normal or did you gradually feel normal?

Yes and my doctor had no idea what l-tyrosine was..she actually googled it on her phone..but i found out for myself that it can lower serotonin or take away from the conversion from tryptophan to 5htp.. and that dopamine becomes neurotoxic after serotonin is depleted from mdma. I wish I knew this before I popped these pills! I thought I would boosted my roll if my dopamine levels were boosted but nope! I really paying for it! I never had so much anxiety/vertgo and insomnia in my life..I havent slept in 2 months for more than 2 hours an night! I just feel sooo stumlated to the point where I can't sit or have organized thoughts its soo scary! Never again will I do that combo! I just hope I can get back to me and that I didnt fry my serotonin receptors forever!

You do understand that l-tyrosine is an amino acid? An amino acid has absolutely no relation to how your brain regulates your neurochemicals, all it does is provide building blocks for that specific neurotransmitter to your gut. Protein rich food has tons of l-tyrosine... Now, the thing is that people do feel somehow somewhat stimulated after taking l-tyrosine, especially high dosages, i also felt mild stimulation after taking it however i can boldly say that it was due to increased anxiety levels . In my opinion it is just a reaction due to taking this particular form of amino acid on an empty stomach, as being hungry already increases anxiety levels. It is fun to notice that this l-tyrosine does not work at all when taken with food...

Hopefully your doctor prescribed you the right meds to address your obvious high anxiety levels.

Yes I' aware that l-tyrosine is an amnio acid ive been taking it off and on for the past year. I was an idiot and took it while I was rolling and I think thats the reason why I have all my LTC symptoms. I just wanna know if I' am going to get back to normal.. I can barely walk without being hit with the worse dizziness a really weird tight throat feeling in the top of my throat which makes it hard to talk and I also can't sleep like at all. I lay in bed wired. I havent drank any caffeine for 2 months or ate anything sugary. I have a very healthy diet and excrise 4 times a week.My symptoms just seem to be the same as right after I rolled. I don't want to get on any ssris bc that will make me worse in the long run. I want to know does my situation sound bad enough where I wont go back to normal? These pass 2 months have been hell and nobody believes anything I say anymore..they say its just anxiety and yeah of course it is but i was a very happy person 2 months ago and now im not at all it had to be the mdma and tyrosine mix..

It took me 2 years to start feeling like my old self, and it was very gradual but sped up a lot when I worked out everyday for a few months and started sleeping better. I had a lot of lightheadedness and couldn't sleep at all as well - the not sleeping personally caused me the most grief and I wish I would've started addressing that issue sooner. I became borderline schizophrenic, and had so many hallucinations because I was only sleeping an hour or two every other night.

Don't assume that SSRIs will leave you worse off in the long run - there are some conditions that have better outcomes when you start medication early on. SSRI's boost in regeneration of brain cells could prove useful, and might offer some relief.

Yes I' aware that l-tyrosine is an amnio acid ive been taking it off and on for the past year. I was an idiot and took it while I was rolling and I think thats the reason why I have all my LTC symptoms. I just wanna know if I' am going to get back to normal.. I can barely walk without being hit with the worse dizziness a really weird tight throat feeling in the top of my throat which makes it hard to talk and I also can't sleep like at all. I lay in bed wired. I havent drank any caffeine for 2 months or ate anything sugary. I have a very healthy diet and excrise 4 times a week.My symptoms just seem to be the same as right after I rolled. I don't want to get on any ssris bc that will make me worse in the long run. I want to know does my situation sound bad enough where I wont go back to normal? These pass 2 months have been hell and nobody believes anything I say anymore..they say its just anxiety and yeah of course it is but i was a very happy person 2 months ago and now im not at all it had to be the mdma and tyrosine mix..

First of all when you are lying in bed wired take some zopiclone or any other sleep med so that you can peacefully sleep, if you are extremely anxious during the day consider taking benzos sometimes. SSRIS will not make you worse in the long run they will only help you stabilize.
Considering your situation your anxiety has lead you into depression which is a very typical outcome so there is no need to express excessive worry about your condition. In terms of getting better there is no difference whether we tell you that you go back to normal or not as it is impossible for us to know how your individual body behaves, however if you want to get better it is important to seek all kinds of treatment that has the potential to help with your malaise. In your case it seems that very healthy diet and exercise just does not cut it.

Concerning mixing tyrosine and mdma causing your ltc..., well this seems completely absurd. MDMA alone has all the potential to send one's brain chemistry into complete disarray and if one has some type of predisposition to mental illness guess what happens? Having said that many people mix mdma with lots of cocaine, speed and other stims and suffer no long terms mental disorders, so go figure...

Ok i will def consider taking those..I did get perscribed .25 mg of xanax but are worried I will get addicted to them and make things worse! Lol It does relieve me that people mix things with mdma and still are fine..I'm just not use to being a down person, plus i'm 26 , single and still trying to get my future set up and this has become the most of my anxiety now as before the mdma useage it was Manageable. I just keep reading up on these studies about mdma how they damage serotonin receptors permanently. Yesterday was the 2 month mark since I last did mdma and i still feel like I just came down. Maybe I'm getting better but my anxiety is in full mode and won't let me have any healthy thoughts! Ughs I feel so dumb for doing this to myself! Hey thanks btw for replying it really does help me feel a bit better..most of my so called friends are drunks and druggies and dont really care what i'm going threw..they just wanna know when I'm going to be better so i can drink, smoke and roll again..I gotta get a new set of friends!

I highly recommend an app called headspace to learn mindfulness so you can sleep better. The first 10 foundational lessons are free and could make all the difference in the world.

MDMA gives me anxiety lasting two-three weeks afterwards, and Xanax is a great help. When I took it for the first time, half of a 0.25mg pill made me sleep like a babe for 8 hrs. Yes, you can get used to it if you take it for an extended period, but constant anxiety, not being able to sleep well, etc. can be just as damaging. My mum took Xanax for several years for her panic disorder and she could come off it gradually reducing the dose with no problem. I also recommend that you take at least 500 mg magnesium daily (research what types are better absorbing) maybe a bit more if you work out a lot. Taking magnesium before bedtime can help you sleep better, as well, and also has an effect on serotonin balance. You can combine Xanax with meditation and a healthy lifestyle to re-establish a new pattern and you then wouldn't have to use it for long, just until you feel a bit better.
Hope you get better soon!

Yes I always use magnesium before bed but that stop working, I found that L-tryptophan helps with sleep and my mood. I took it for the first time this week and my mood has definitely lifted but i'm still not sleeping well..only 2-3 hours. I'm going to give it time to build up in my system and see if it helps me sleep better. Its weird bc 5htp didnt have a good effect on me and its suppose to be a step less for the brain to convert into serotonin. It made me more anxious and depressed, and it also made my derealization worse! I heard 5htp converts into serotonin in the liver and just stays in the blood stream and doesnt cross the blood brain barrier very well and L-tyrptophan actually crosses very effortlessly converting into serotonin in the brain when vitiman b6, iron, and all the other b vitimans are available in the blood stream. But who knows if this is true. I just know tryptophan helped me a lot this week, I hope it gets me to sleep soon that would be great! I'm going to combine tryptophan with magnesuim and see what happens..

You can certainly try melatonin. 3mg is a bit of excessive if 1mg or less does the trick. Also you should look for extended release. Normally the brain makes melatonin out of serotonin.

I've had the same experience with 5-htp after MDMA, even though I'd taken it before with no problem and great effects. I've read it somewhere that when you start taking it, you may have adverse effects first, and you have to start with a low dose of about 50mg. Maybe tryptophan works better since your body has better chance to regulate the process?

Magnesium is better taken in smaller bits throughout the day and should be in a better absorbing forms like glycinate or taurate, some types like magnesium oxide and sulphate are close to useless. I also use magnesium essence oil that has magnesium chloride, as well as other electrolytes, and absorbs through the skin very fast.