• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help my Girlfriend Coming off Weed + Tobacco

roady05

Bluelighter
Hi Guys,

So my Gf is an absolute angel and after a heart-to-heart at the weekend I confessed to her that I'm concerned about her tobacco usage. (She smoked weed and tobacco in a spliff and had a lot of spliffs lol)

I really don't give a shit about the weed tbh even though she does smoke a lot of it however I really don't think the effect on her is bad enough for me to quarrell at her right to consume it.

Anyways, I think she has been uncomfortable about her usage for a long time and has never confronted it herself untiI I brought it up (completely without pressure I might add- simply an objective observation) and now she has decided to take a break from weed and try stop tobacco completely.

It has only been 2 days so she is not feeling great. She was really sweating in bed last night and I could feel she wasn't sleeping properly...I am just trying to be the good guy and help her through however I can. I know she is doing it for herself and not for me primarily which is a great start. I'm just wondering what else I can do to help?

I'm aware the road ahead could be quite straight forward and she may well be ok in a few days of it may be more complicated! Seems like people get very varied experiences coming off either substance... Any advice welcome.

Night sweats are common when coming off weed. CBD (no THC) might help her get through these initial weed withdrawals and help her sleep better. It has helped me before when stopping weed.

Tobacco is a different monster. It depends on how much nicotine she was using, but she might need a patch or gum if it was a lot.

Night sweats are common when coming off weed. CBD (no THC) might help her get through these initial weed withdrawals and help her sleep better. It has helped me before when stopping weed.

Tobacco is a different monster. It depends on how much nicotine she was using, but she might need a patch or gum if it was a lot.
I would say her nicotine intake was 'moderate' as she only ever smoked in the evenings after work so most of the day she wasn't taking any in. Thanks for the info.

Tobacco + weed mixed is more addictive than either on its own imo. So many kids in England get addicted to the mixture.

I don't understand the whole 'spliff' thing over in England. Have her switch to smoking a small amount of weed out of a bowl at night and maybe nicotine patch/gum, then taper those off, if being clean from both is her true desire.

I can't understand the desire to mix the two drugs like that though. I smoke a tobacco pipe occasionally and enjoy it but I don't inhale the smoke the way you would a spliff to get the weed smoke. Tobacco only needs to go mouth deep.

Seems like spliffs would just hurt your lungs worse. Plus always using papers?

Drug cultures abroad fascinate and perplex me.

I also don't understand the young people I meet lately who exclusively smoke blunts. I mix it up but a good old spoon is always your best bet.

I agree with everything written here. As a UK person my self the spliff thing is an idiotic habit (IMO) which is just the norm....everyone fuckin does it. I mean, if people are aware of the risks of tobacco then yeah they can mix it with whatever they please but yeah seems dumb to me cos of all the reasons listed above. I quit that habit about 18 months ago and now all I have is an edible every now and again .. my relationship with weed is so much healthier...but my gf started a bad habit many years ago and she has found herself deep in it.

Anyways, we are on to day 3 and she has seemed generally quite happy and fallen asleep at like 10:15pm so I think things are moving in a good direction.

In nz weed is always mixed with tobacco in joints or bongs it makes it burn easier and gives a nice rush along with the weed high.

After years of heavy cannabis use i quit near the end of the year last year.

For two weeks i had trouble sleeping and would take a long time to fall alsleep without cannabis.

After a month your intelligence and short term memory will come back.

Get outside and exercise go for a run to get the blood flowing. My favorite thing to do while coming off any drug is to go for a big walk through a forest.

Tobacco addiction is a mental game that the big compaines put into your head that its hard to get off but it isn't that bad i bought a vape and use that as i like nicotoine alot it calms me down.

Has your GF had nic fits yet? I only smoked cigarettes for 3 1/2 years but coming off a pack a day was shit. I took 2 weeks off work and stuck to myself. Some people (myself included) get rather grumpy when stopping Cannabis. Only smoked Cannabis w/tobacco when friends had spliffs.

Good luck man, coming off of 2 things is not fun. How long was she using tobacco for?

Tom

Tobacco addiction is a mental game that the big compaines put into your head that its hard to get off but it isn't that bad i bought a vape and use that as i like nicotoine a lot it calms me down.

It only calms you down cos you're in withdrawal.

If you were not a nicotine addict it would not calm you down, It's a stimulant for one :)

I’ve never needed to mux weed with tobacco for ease of burning. I have even rolled up finger rub joints after long trimming days and it keeps burning, while being pretty much pure resin. If your weed goes out, just toke harder or pass it on, or use blue zigzags - they keep it going!

OP, first 3 days are hard, cbd helps, and cool cloths and comfort.
No matter what: keep quitting, sometimes (usually) it takes a few attempts before it sticks and you stay quit.
Good luck and good for you for supporting her thru this!

I don't understand the whole 'spliff' thing over in England. Have her switch to smoking a small amount of weed out of a bowl at night and maybe nicotine patch/gum, then taper those off, if being clean from both is her true desire.

I can't understand the desire to mix the two drugs like that though. I smoke a tobacco pipe occasionally and enjoy it but I don't inhale the smoke the way you would a spliff to get the weed smoke. Tobacco only needs to go mouth deep.

Seems like spliffs would just hurt your lungs worse. Plus always using papers?

Drug cultures abroad fascinate and perplex me.

I also don't understand the young people I meet lately who exclusively smoke blunts. I mix it up but a good old spoon is always your best bet.

The reason I use tobacco with it is because the initial effects are rather different. It hits harder and faster. It's just so ingrained in British culture, it's all we know! ?

The reason I use tobacco with it is because the initial effects are rather different. It hits harder and faster. It's just so ingrained in British culture, it's all we know! ?
Oh trust me, I understand habits. I guess since I've never been into tobacco it just makes less sense to me. I have a pipe but barely smoke it. Occasionally used snuff (English) to keep up when drinking but don't drink anymore so don't use snuff.

Tobacco just has such a short, meh of a high and then you risk cancer... just not worth it imo.

*immediately eats RCs he got from the interweb* yup, tobacco is bad business man, why risk it?

:LOL:

I love smoking, it's enjoyable. I quit that and weed for my (now ex) gf for six months and got back on it the night we finished. Cigarettes were there with open arms ready for a warm embrace ??