• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Help me with this war, I'm loosing the fight

2minuteSnoots

Bluelighter
Rats, mice, ahhhh the 'rodents.' I hate there species as a whole, they don't scare me one bit, I just hate them deep down on a primal level, stealing food then piss and shitting everywhere they go, nasty little greats ball bastards.. My neighbor has a pretty annoying infestation going on, nothing on his part as far as cleanliness, we live basically in a clearing in the woods, animals are expected, these bitches just took a liking underneath his trailor and multiplied. I've been helping him with the problem and nothing is workin lol. I've tried all sorts of advice we searched online, but it seems he has the smartest rodents around.. Were laying out baited traps unset, they re-baiting and setting the trigger a day later, sticky pads, Bait poison, mothballs in peppermint oil. Nothing works, they manage to get the bait of the traps without setting them everytime time! He has 3 cats, those spoiled brats are useless. Anyone have any tricks up there sleeve? I'm out of ideas and a exterminator isn't an option for the time being.

I'm sure he would if he could afford one ha. I gathered up a few snakes and let them loose under his house, but they won't stay for long

Get some yogurt pots (empty),
Cut about a half an inch square 3 times around the top

Put a handfull of mice pellets in the pot and turn upside down and stake into the ground.

Mice and rats can dislocate their joints and feed. Native animals can not.

Unf you will have a lot of dead little bodies to remove but it works.

I had to fo it as we lived near an open drain and had an aviary.

Cats aren't really a good idea. I've had cats my whole life and the only one that was any good at catching and killing anything on its own had the tendency to tear through window screens and literally drag mice inside the house to play with them. The size difference is pretty disadvantageous to cats anyway. Maybe something like a ferret would be better for that. They might have a better temperament for it anyway. Like, actually wanting to kill things instead of swat and chase them around. Cats aren't big on that if they're well-fed.

If you want to really stop a pest you need to get rid of its food source. What are they eating? If they're just hanging out under his house and not getting inside, there might not be anything you can do but hope they overwhelm whatever their food supply is and die off on their own (make sure to clean up...). If they're getting inside and getting their food from there, you need to seal up whatever holes they're using. If you don't know and can't find anything, check behind furniture that never gets moved... the last place I moved out of had, at some point, developed a mouse hole in the wall behind the fridge. Troublesome things...

He's got 3 of them already, and the neighbor beside him has like 7 that stay outdoors, so somehow there being outsmarted or genuinely don't give a fuck
The cats won't help if they are fat. Hungry cats are good at pest control.

I agree with getting rid of the food source and checking for holes/access. You can use fill a foam spray foam and chicken wire. Is there skirting around the trailer, if so patch up any broken places.

Bacon works best for the traps, doesn't need to be fully cooked, just nuke it for a minute. Sounds like they are nesting under there.

Possibly call a pesticide place and ask for above over the phone, they are usually helpful. Maybe not the big corporate names , but your local pesticide shop.

places i have stayed have been invaded multiple times by the house mouse (mus musculus) presently i don't have it in me to kill one but long ago in me youth i put together a concoction that was both simple and lethal. [in pictures]

paper plate

Honey

Jolly Rancher

pour entire bottle of honey onto the paper plate and place a few jolly ranchers directly in the center

Pray

The End