• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

HELP ME QUIT FENT FOR SUB

Pheonix11

Greenlighter
Hi. Frank has been using a lot of fentanyl. Even the gold carftamtantyl. He really wants to get off the stuff doesn’t mind being in subaxone. Tried the Bernese method. Fail. Tried macrodosong by starting 2 and adding another 2 each day while using now I wake up take 16-18 mg and within half an hour start smoking. Maybe I’m smoking too much? But if I don’t I feel sick. I don’t know what to do. Please help me get off or on. Sunaxone. I just want to walk and talon normal

What kind of a support network do you have? Do you actually want to get sober?

Taking 18mg bupe then smoking fent 30 min later makes me think 2 things:
1. You had fent on hand while trying to quit
2. You aren't ready to quit

Are you in therapy? Rehab? Legal troubles?

Welcome to BL. Also, please speak in the first person. We don't use SWIM or pseudonyms here.

You’re going to have to stick it out a few days to make the transition - I would work on. A fast taper of the fent and try to get down a significant amount before making the leap to subs.

You’re changing route of administration and going from a short acting full agonist to a long acting partial agonist - no matter what that will be a bit of a bumpy switch. I would expect it to even out over a week or so, but that is speculation as I’ve never personally done a fent to subs jump. I have watched friends do it a few times times though, and the first few days were rough for all of them.

I m

I used loperamide between the switch from morphine to suboxone.
A lot of loperamide and weed.
lit worked.

You can do this.

I'm in a similar situation. Been using thr fake m30s as much as 20 a day but usually around ten. For the last 4 or 5 days I've been taking small amounts of subs like 2mg twice a day then today ao far ive taken about 6mg but still smoked. It sucks cause I just dont feel anything. I don't feel 100%, I don't feel sick and I definitely don't feel high. I have an appointment to get on methadone tommorow but I've done that before and don't wanna get stuck on methadone again having to go every single day and everything else that goes with it. They strait up told me even tho I have a script they won't let me take my kolonopin. I'm just so desperate to get off this shit idk if should keep doing the bernese method and up my dose, and if I do when do I completely stop using the fent? It's almost like a mental addiction at this point. But if I feel physically good 3nough to be able to go ro work and stuff I think it'll be okay. I haven't left the house in like a week besides to pickup its tough. Any advice is much appreciated

I don't feel 100%, I don't feel sick and I definitely don't feel high

That's how opioid substitution is supposed to work.

If you want or expect to feel high on subs you're missing the point and not ready to quit.

Subs are designed so you don't get sick, that's it. It may take a few days to get your dose adjusted.

That's how opioid substitution is supposed to work.

If you want or expect to feel high on subs you're missing the point and not ready to quit.

Subs are designed so you don't get sick, that's it. It may take a few days to get your dose adjusted.
I am still using the fent tho. A lot less than before im just wondering what day to completely stop. I've read days 7, 10 even 15. I was on subs successfully for over a year and relapsed so I'm not expecting to get high. Just debating if I Wana start the wholemethadonencycle or if I coupd be ready to stop the fent now. I'll prolly end up getting on the methadone program and trying to stay at a low dose. I really dont know.

My main question was when to fully stop everything but the subs. How much subs should be in my system and how many fent pills should I be down to a day? Theres just a lot of info out there. I see posts like this where they're on 16mg a day and still smoking and I don't wanna end up in that situation. I guess I'll find out over the next few days

Good luck.
I wish you all the best.

Since everyone is different, my advise would be to taper down as much as you can and then use the COWS scale to determine when to take the suboxone.

It is hard I know.
Cannabis helped me and always does,
Get the concentrate kind that comes as an oil in a vape pen- pipe.
That is the only thing keeping me going right now,

Sending you love and encouragement.
P..O

I'm old asf at this point. This fent I never did until literally 6 weeks ago. With H I could switch no problem. Obviously feel like shit 18 hours or so and take subs and br back to 50% at least and after a month back to 100%
But I've been trying the betese method. That's what I really wanna know about. Should I stick it out? I'm down to 10 or less pills a day and 6-8mg of subs on day 5 or 6. Tommorow morning at 7am,it's 1230 now I have my methadone app. I also have a really important job interview tommorow the fent is so unpredictable I feel like a crackhead when I do it, never actually feel high,so evenif Ijust kept using it prolly won't go well.
I never smoke weed and I took some dabs with my girl tonight and I do feel pretty good. I have kpins but I wish I had more comfort meds.
Idk getting on methadone seems like a step back but I don't trust myself not to pick up tommorow

So I got on methadone. Herr in the PNW they're are sooooo crazy about meds. I'm only on 30mg and they will only raise me twice a week, 14mg each time but I need an appointment with the Dr and she already made me give her my kolonopin and subs (I gave her a few of what I had left) and she will only give my 1 appointment this week. My Dr in idaho would write 6 months of subs and kpins. I feel like it just makes it harder for people trying to be clean. Like I'm 36 I know my body and I know wat does and doesn't work who tf are these doctors to make all these insane demands. If they find alcohol in my UA they're gonna put Antabuse in my methadone which after two days is still only 30mg, half of what I need to feel well. Idk it's crazy. But so far so good I guess.

Hang in there! I know this is a really late reply, better than never.
I'm getting treatment in Idaho right now, and these guys are strict. I'm surprised your doc here gave you subs AND klonopin, that's pretty dangerous. If I test positive for any benzo they cut my dose in half, and I have to build back up again.
No matter what, getting clean is going to suck. Unfortunately, there's no way to eliminate 100% of said suck, just enough to keep us from climbing the walls.
Keep in mind that it will get better, slowly, and I don't know about you, but I made all of my WORST decisions when I was drinking, including the decision to go use again. (12 years later I'm still dry but still making terrible decisions 😆)

Bluelight hasn't been very actively last couple years so its all good I still like reading responses.
Yea dude. So my doctor in Idaho was so freaking cool. Eastern Idaho, real rural town. I dont think i can identify him tjo. I assume your prolly in boise cause 90% of thr state is lol. i was outisde idaho falls. I just told him how I was kicking methadone and what I had already been on with my Vegas doc and he prescribed it but I had to pay cash the first couple times.
Now in WA I had to go to the actual clinic and this Dr here, well two actually cause the first for subs dr wasn't at the clinic, neither will give me benzos which I've been on for 17 years. So I'm forced to buy them on the streets which is always so sketchy. The only way I've been able to get off fent and stay off has been methadone. Its been like almost a month without using anything but ive been on 120mg of methadone since april and its September so 6 months essentially....goddamn. and I still take atleast like .5 MG of whatever benzoyl a day to be able to function

My girl, amazingly, just did it essentially cold turkey. She gets the bi-polar shot which fucking 100% affected it somehow cause one day she just stopped and kinda guilted me into stopping. So weird. Fentanyl is nuts.

But yea it's totally possible. I been stretching out my take homes and once I go 10 days without the methadone I'm gonna switch back to subs cause I must still have like 30 from my Idaho doc.

Is there fentanyl Idaho now tho? It's everywhere. I've been in Washington for like 18 months now and I've only gotten real H once everything else has been the blues

Oh yea and at the clinic here, which is 100% new to me, I wouldn't stop drinking on my UAs so they put Antabuse in my methadone so I haven't drank on 4 months lol
So it's effective. Yea alcohol 100% made me make terrible desicions. I was drinking so much I Idaho I crashed my car. I can't believe I didn't die tbh. Or get in any trouble for that matter. Jeez. Yea I'm glad I'm not drinking I'm gonna try not to start whenever they stop making me take Antabuse

Bluelight hasn't been very actively last couple years so its all good I still like reading responses.
Yea dude. So my doctor in Idaho was so freaking cool. Eastern Idaho, real rural town. I dont think i can identify him tjo. I assume your prolly in boise cause 90% of thr state is lol. i was outisde idaho falls. I just told him how I was kicking methadone and what I had already been on with my Vegas doc and he prescribed it but I had to pay cash the first couple times.
Now in WA I had to go to the actual clinic and this Dr here, well two actually cause the first for subs dr wasn't at the clinic, neither will give me benzos which I've been on for 17 years. So I'm forced to buy them on the streets which is always so sketchy. The only way I've been able to get off fent and stay off has been methadone. Its been like almost a month without using anything but ive been on 120mg of methadone since april and its September so 6 months essentially....goddamn. and I still take atleast like .5 MG of whatever benzoyl a day to be able to function

My girl, amazingly, just did it essentially cold turkey. She gets the bi-polar shot which fucking 100% affected it somehow cause one day she just stopped and kinda guilted me into stopping. So weird. Fentanyl is nuts.

But yea it's totally possible. I been stretching out my take homes and once I go 10 days without the methadone I'm gonna switch back to subs cause I must still have like 30 from my Idaho doc.

Is there fentanyl Idaho now tho? It's everywhere. I've been in Washington for like 18 months now and I've only gotten real H once everything else has been the blues
Ya, fent is everywhere, of course it's happening but I'm not seeing nearly the levels of OD you hear about everywhere else.
I figured WA would be one of the most liberal for meds, my ex-husband (still really good friends) lived there f several years and said some of those clinics don't hold back.
I left methadone for subs, it doesn't need to take 10 days. At the clinic I had to go down to 40mg methadone, wait 72 hours NO LESS! 3 days it will be out and you won't go screaming ass-first down the w/d slide lol.
When we were still married, ex decided to take a teeny weenie little corner of my sub and boom. He was in the 6th circle of hell until he could dose the next morning.
Your girl is the shit and is made up of all sorts of fantastic things I can't even fathom. Cold turkey? Cold gangster is what it is lol!
One more thing I almost forgot; docs will play semantics sometimes, and will say Insurance won't cover it so they can't prescribe it. It's not a matter of can or can't, it's will or won't.

I feel like it's the opposite for meds in liberal places cause the state is soo fucking strong here and pervasive in EVERYTHING. Theres a street here called 1st street that is literally as bad a Skid row was in LA when I lived there...obviously much smaller but my town here has a population like 100k not 10 million like LA it literally fucking insane. This is prolly fucked up to say but one of my favorite things about Idaho was how clean it was, the cops were awesome, no homeless, no drugs on the street...even though everyone was religious and conservative which I most definitely am not, I never had any issues with anyone.
And "road beers" in Idaho omg dude that's shita crazy couldn't do that here in a million years. But luckily u don't drink anymore.

The clinics here tho, so they do let you go as high a you want like my doctor pushed me so hard to keep going up it was weird so I'm at 125mg and she keeps saying "oh fentanyl is so different, blah blah blah" so idk tbh but im.not gonna stay on this shit forever I wa so happy on just 1 sub a day and 3 when I wanted to feel a Lil something. It's all good tho one day at a time lol

Luckily *I don't drink anymore....sorry. you said you didn't either so I'll leave it

Oh and 100% your right about the doctors so my doc in Idaho I just paid cash. So medicaid doctors compared to private pay doctors? Of course they aren't gonna care or are gonna be cooler about writing mens. Like the doc in Idaho thought ibwas some normal ass dude with a family and whatever instead of some poor medicaid foodstamps loser lol.
So yea 100% if you pay cash they are cooler. Not even with insurance or not its all about the money just like everything else in America

I feel like it's the opposite for meds in liberal places cause the state is soo fucking strong here and pervasive in EVERYTHING. Theres a street here called 1st street that is literally as bad a Skid row was in LA when I lived there...obviously much smaller but my town here has a population like 100k not 10 million like LA it literally fucking insane. This is prolly fucked up to say but one of my favorite things about Idaho was how clean it was, the cops were awesome, no homeless, no drugs on the street...even though everyone was religious and conservative which I most definitely am not, I never had any issues with anyone.
And "road beers" in Idaho omg dude that's shita crazy couldn't do that here in a million years. But luckily u don't drink anymore.

The clinics here tho, so they do let you go as high a you want like my doctor pushed me so hard to keep going up it was weird so I'm at 125mg and she keeps saying "oh fentanyl is so different, blah blah blah" so idk tbh but im.not gonna stay on this shit forever I wa so happy on just 1 sub a day and 3 when I wanted to feel a Lil something. It's all good tho one day at a time lol
Especially when it comes to fent, they let you go as high as you want. Fent reacts differently to methadone, and I guess it takes a LOT more than usual.
125 is about the norm from what I've seen, some peeps have no reaction, some 125 would lay em out for a few days lol!
Agreed, Idaho is very clean and beautiful, but to me it's surface clean. Instead of actually solving the problem facing these people, they find a short term solution and sweep up the undesirables under a rug to be dealt with by the next guy.
I think the state needs to be involved in things that are too big for smaller municipalities. They need to be the checks and balances to them as well. If any of your citizens are being raked over the coals by insurance companies and have to suffer with disease, pain, maybe want a silly thing like an education, or buy food at the store and not be forced to pay asinine prices for cereal, then yeah, I think it might be a good idea for the fuzz to jump in and start to even things out a bit....

Then again I haven't had any dope for 24 hours and I tend to ramble. 😆