• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help me identify some Poppy pods and if there's any opiates in it.

Gaffy

Bluelighter
So I'm staying at my mothers place for a few days and there are wonderfull pods that I would like to try. I took a picture when they were in Blossom and now they seem ripe.
Here's a pic of the flower (2 months old picture,):

Ry5hkY8.jpg

In this picture the pod is still very small, when I opened it there weren't poppy seeds like in normal papaverum but instead 'columns" from top to bottom of the pod.
Can someone identify this? I've heard californian poppy doesn't contain any morphine or codeine but was still used to put babys asleep. (I'm thinking this is californian poppy).

Edit: I consumed one "tear" of juice from it (crocodile tears as I like to call them). My whole mouth has gone numb and there is definitly Something going on!

Here are more pictures of the pods as they are atm:
The crocodile tear:

miJlgtC.jpg

You can see that the columns have Evolved into containers for the seeds:
YNytKmw.jpg

Aand I'll probably take it all with me ^^:

WDia0iQ.jpg

EDIT; I mastered the difficulty of extraction (keep a secret) and IV'd about 3 hours ago (dosage totally unknown of "Poppy juice") . I was in a bliss for 2 hours and am starting to reach a plateau, so there are indeed some alkaloïds with promising features.
As for the species, I'm thinking it's a Papaver orientale Olympia.

Last edited:
just saw your edit, I think if you are not a skilled chemist you shouldnt shoot intravenously something you extracted. if they indeed got some opium in them, why don't you make a poppy pod tea? I saw a video a long time ago about czech guys that injected cooked plant matter into their veins, trust me it's a very very bad idea.

The only possible active alkaloid here would be oripavine, which is a rather dangerous and unpredictable opiate with a tendency to cause convulsions. I'm not sure, but these may be capable of generating thebaine also which would enhance the potential for convulsions. And, like the poster above, it concerns me that you've injected a crude extract of an unknown papaver species; tread with caution.

Those look like either P. rhoeas or P. orientale, they are definitely not P. somniferum. Hairs on the stem = not somniferum

They are papaver oriental olympia like I said in the edit, and sorry for IV'ing, I regret it as well, I had terrible cramps in my back this morning probablhy due to was residue being stuck in muscle tissue.. As for the feeling it gave me, it was very mellow and my mother didn't notice until I told her. Appetite was normal and sleep was profound (with valium that I usually don't take), thing I needed most since I can't sleep anymore. All in all good experience, eventhough I tossed the tea and the few poppys I had left to make sure I don't try stupid things again, and because they contain no morphine but probably only just rhoeadine .