• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help me, help myself.

Whosajiggawaaa

Bluelighter
You guy's and gals (who grow) think this one plant now (pics of below) is ready for harvest ?

If not now a ball park of days/weeks would be appreciated.

I apologise for the less than amazing quality pics.

2014-04-03161128_zpsa992c5f1.jpg
might be upside down lol.
2014-04-03160837_zpsa0dd8199.jpg

2014-04-03161223_zpsa1ef00b5.jpg

2014-04-03161041_zps391f09f3.jpg

:)

Peace

I can't really see in those fuzzy pictures but a standard rule of thumb is when about 60-70% of the hairs darken.

Or a more accurate method, if you have a magnifying glass...

When most of the trichomes have turned from clear to cloudy the THC levels are at peak (more intense and euphoric high)

When trichomes start to go from cloudy to amber the THC has begun converting to CBN (more relaxing couchlock high)

Its a judgement call...

Last edited:

When most of the trichomes have turned from clear to cloudy the THC levels are at peak (more intense and euphoric high)

When trichomes start to go from cloudy to amber the THC has begun converting to CBN (more relaxing couchlock high)
This +1

Like Nemodeus said, when the trichomes are cloudy is the best time to harvest.

And even though your pics are blurry, I can sorta tell that it's not ready to harvest. The flowers are too scanty IMO, but that could just be the way that strain grows, I suppose.

Thanks for the replies.

I can't really see in those fuzzy pictures but a standard rule of thumb is when about 60-70% of the hairs darken.

Its a judgement call...

Sigh means buying a magnifying glass, but I'm sure I could get lucky at what u guys would call thrift or 1$ stores though. But you're right about it being a judgment call as when I'm really high I think about ignoring my better judgement lol. .

Like Nemodeus said, when the trichomes are cloudy is the best time to harvest.

And even though your pics are blurry, I can sorta tell that it's not ready to harvest. The flowers are too scanty IMO, but that could just be the way that strain grows, I suppose.

Na my gut tells me it's not ready, just had to hear it from other peeps. The prob is on some buds the hairs are 75% + red and on some buds they're mostly white. I have had a test smoke session off the lowest bud on that plant (was done way before those pics), and I got quite high. Dried and cured the bud, not meticulously, but still did go through that process and got high. But I want to get really high. So guess patience is a massive asset in growing sigh.

How long has it been flowering for? I agree with Big that it doesn't look ready though.

Since late Feb. But sometimes flowering can be notoriously long here.

How long you fellas think I'm in for ? My guestimate is about 2 weeks :/.

PS, will posts full length and hopefully better quality pics of both my plants in the mega thread for growing when I get round to it, the other one is behind in flowering, but bigger.

Last edited: