• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Help me create a Neuroscience "dictionary"; for science!

Status
Not open for further replies.

just say know

Bluelighter
hi guys. i really want to get into pharmacology and neuroscience. but i don't know the type of language and terms that you all use when discussing it. take a few minutes to explain to me and anyone else quite curious about this topic (but with limited resources that could help the person understand the science.) the general language, terminology, and perspectives of the pharmacology science.

i'm excited to learn as much as i can and thank you for contributing your understanding of Neuroscience.

this specific thread will focus on neuroscience rather than pharmacology.

providing links or book references or organizations to contact or other sources are certainly acceptable :)

I applaud your interest, but I don't think this is a good way to go about learning terms in neuroscience and pharmacology. Any terms that we could define for you have been defined many times before, and a search engine will give you a much better context to go along with the definition rather than just an isolated blurb like you'll probably get here.

We've had this discussion over and over, but the best way to understand these fields in my opinion is to start with a thorough understanding of organic chemistry and molecular biology. MIT has great (free!) online courses on these topics: http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

If you'd rather jump right into it there's the Erowid/BlueLight Neuropharmacology Text

And Wikipedia has a surprisingly thorough pharmacology database whenever you're researching a new topic.

That said I'm going to close these threads. I think you'll get a much more meaningful understanding if you ask specific questions in The Big and Bangin' Pseudo-Advanced Drug Chemistry, Pharmacology and More Thread, V.2, and use a search engine to define specific terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.