• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Help: MDA Contaminated With Spray Paint

SigmundFloyd

Greenlighter
I ordered some MDA online from a vendor with supposedly good reviews, FecalDrift. First package didn't arrive in one month so he reshipped.

I was excited to hold the MDA in my hands when I finally got it, but after opening the bag to take a closer look, something threw me -- the MDA *smells like fucking spray paint*.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say it's maybe 1-3% cut with paint. Obvious dejection aside, I need some way to purify it and make it safe to consume.

I have an appreciable knowledge and background in chemistry, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Supposing it's MDA-HCl (water soluble), could I just run a solution of the product through a coffee filter or something? Spray paint must be water-insoluble, so I'm putting my money on this for now. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
First test to see if it has any MDxx content
You could probably get rid of any paint if you did an acetone wash, but is it worth the hassle?

First off, it is extremely unlikely your MDA is 'cut with paint.'

However, the smell of spray paint comes from the organic solvents used to carry the paint pigments. What you might be smelling are the organic solvents left over from the MDA synthesis (if it is indeed MDA). You could try grinding the substance to an extremely fine powder and allow it to 'dry' of any remaining solvents. If the smell persists, you could try an anhydrous acetone wash and a cold water wash.

If it still smells like organic solvents after that, cut your losses and discard it. It also seems worthwhile to buy/use a testing kit.

Okay, so I did run an aqueous solution of the MDA through two coffee filters, twice. The first filter caught a bunch of debris and dyes and crap, it looked like a miniature clay Mexican wearing desert glitter exploded on it. The last filter looked clean. However, now the Sally smells like Windex or something. I once had a pound of reggie that smelled like Windex; me and some others smoked it all without ill effect, so I'm not sure that's cause for concern. Now I'm just waiting for all the water to evaporate.

I am going to borrow a friend's test kit to see if it does, in fact, contain MDA.

I can't say with certainty that it's contaminated with paint, but two other friends smelled the MDA and they both said it smells like spray paint. Do you know if there's a way to remove ammonia, assuming there is ammonia in the MDA as well?

lots of clandestinly produced drugs smell like "paint" or solvents. Its just because its not pharmaceutically pure material. There are by products and solvent left over. What you're doing isn't going to help remove these organic byproducts. You would have to recrystallize your material in a solvent to clean it up.

my 3meopcp smells like ether

google recrystallization of MDA.

i would just eat it if it reagent tests as MDA. I doubt its worth the trouble of recrystallizing. And it will probably require a solvent that you don't have access to.