• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help Making Marijuana Drink

BlazeJesus

Greenlighter
I've been trying to perfect a recipe for a marijuana hot chocolate and I keep ballsing it up so I thought I'd come here for help. Second post so not sure if this is the right sub forum for edibles, sorry if it isn't.
Anyways, I've been trying to make the drink by simmering around a gram of bud in a 50/50 mixture of water and vitamin d milk. The idea is that the bud will be heated enough to be decarboxylated and can then bind to the fat in the milk. After that I add hot coco mix and a few different spices.
I've made this drink plenty of times, and a few times it's worked very very well, to the point where it was almost too strong. But most of the time it doesn't produce any effects at all.
What could I be doing wrong? Do I need to decarb the weed in the oven first, or is simmering the weed in the water/milk enough?

I used to make cannamilk by putting bud into a jar with milk and the putting the glass jar into a pan of boiling water, that way its easier to stop the milk from creating a skin amongst other reasons, for about 45 minutes to an hour stirring every 5-10 minutes or so. Got a nice green milk which we then used to make hot chocolate. Worst thing that we didn't take into consideration is that it tasted incredibly bad, no matter how much chocolate we put in. Point is, with cooking, you will learn from experience sometimes its a hit and a miss. Also how did you get past the taste?

Just use milk - no water.
The actives in cannabis are fat soluble (not water soluble).
And every time i've made it, it has tasted great!

You could always just extract your hash/buds into coconut oil and just add it to your hot drink. It's a super food full off all kinds of good nutrients and shit too. People make coconut oil caps and get fucked off them all the time with size 00 capsules so it's not like you got to add a fuck ton of it to your drink - I doubt you'd even really taste it.

It's also super good for your teeth :). When I had really bad cigarette stains on the back of my teeth and I was too embarassed to go to the dentist, I'd rinse my mouth with straight coconut oil everyday and it worked better than hardcore brushing the stains/alcohol based mouthwash.

in my experience, simmering the finely ground weed in milk (3.5% fat) for 20min is sufficient, no need to add extra fat. a water bath around it is also not really necessary.

in my experience, simmering the finely ground weed in milk (3.5% fat) for 20min is sufficient, no need to add extra fat. a water bath around it is also not really necessary.
Should I decarb my weed before?

Simmering bud in whole milk works with or without decarbing. It worked too well for me sometimes. It's hard to judge the strength from a certain amount of bud.

I started making concentrated tinctures from my harvests a few years ago. I use 99% isopropanol to extract hash oil from the bud or trim, dissolve the oil in Everclear 190, and let the alcohol evaporate off to purge the isopropanol. Then redissolve in Everclear 190 to make a concentrated tincture. Add 5 drops (or whatever) to your hot chocolate, and you have weed hot chocolate that gets you high.