• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help! In hospital will dilaudid be enough?

Grlfrndinacoma

Greenlighter
Currently in hospital with bone infection, scared to tell them my using status. They have me on 4mg diladud pills every 4 hours and 2mg iv diladud every 3 hours. I currently use 1-1.5g h a day, will this be enough diladud I to avoid h withdrawal? -nervous-

I would guess that it would keep the worst of the withdrawls away but not all of them? But idk.

If your heroin had fentanyl, that's going to be tough. I'd be hesitant to reveal your usage unless absolutely necessary, there are unfortunately some very biased doctors who think they're morally in the right to deny adequate pain relief to drug addicts. If the heroin had no fentanyl, you'll probably be pretty uncomfortable still, but manageable. You won't be able to hide the withdrawal symptoms from the nurses and vital checks, though. Any chance you could just ask for an increase in pain medication, they usually start off pretty low for patients who they believe are opioid naive.

Edit: I missed the part about 2 mg iv every three hours, you may fare better with that, again depending upon fentanyl.

If your heroin had fentanyl, that's going to be tough. I'd be hesitant to reveal your usage unless absolutely necessary, there are unfortunately some very biased doctors who think they're morally in the right to deny adequate pain relief to drug addicts. If the heroin had no fentanyl, you'll probably be pretty uncomfortable still, but manageable. You won't be able to hide the withdrawal symptoms from the nurses and vital checks, though. Any chance you could just ask for an increase in pain medication, they usually start off pretty low for patients who they believe are opioid naive.

Edit: I missed the part about 2 mg iv every three hours, you may fare better with that, again depending upon fentanyl.

I live in a state with pretty crappy bth I don’t think it’s fentanyl cut but I guess no one really knows. I have stuff on me and could easily do it, just concerned about infection getting worse, so seeing if them having me on just diladud will get me through until I’m out of here :confused:

I think most h addicts can get a good rush and high off 8 mg shots of Diladud. It’s gonna be close but you might feel ok. Do you know how long you’re gonna be In the hospital? 2nd could you have a friend bring you some? (If this happens use less and be safe with extra added opiates in your system)

I think most h addicts can get a good rush and high off 8 mg shots of Diladud. It’s gonna be close but you might feel ok. Do you know how long you’re gonna be In the hospital? 2nd could you have a friend bring you some? (If this happens use less and be safe with extra added opiates in your system)

I actually have some with me. I have been doin a little bit I’m worried the infection might get worse if I continue, I guess I could just stop and see if I get sick but we all know how hard that is lol.

I snorted 8mg of dilaudid this morning and got a very nice feeling. And I have a fairly high tolerance of 10mg bupe per day.

An IV of Dilaudid worked for me in the hospital, but I had no fentanyl in my system. I'm skeptical about pills doing the job.

Hey there OP! It's going to really depend upon the potency of your Heroin/Fentanyl mixture. If it's highly potent, this much Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is likely to keep you out of serious withdrawal, but I would think it unlikely to actually help or treat your pain in addition to keeping withdrawal at bay. The current situation in terms of how the medical community will treat you, leads me to think that admitting your addiction will no likely lead to any better treatment. I think you're getting a decent amount of Hydromorphone right now, so my advice would be just to ride things out until you can get out of the hospital.

This is kind of a guess. Admitting your addiction could get you a full-spectrum treatment plan in which they will not allow you to suffer to badly and it could get you very poor treatment in which they pull the Opioids, put you on IV Ketorolac (Toradol) and give you IV Ondansetron (Zofran) for when the nausea gets so bad that you're becoming dangerously dehydrated.