• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Help identifying— MBOMe or something else?

gringeishon

Greenlighter
Hi there, not sure where to post this but I figure people here can probably help me out.

I got my hands on a tab of something advertised as acid/LSD, dosage unknown… and without having means to test it, I took it anyway. I know that it’s stupid, but I live in South America, so I knew very well that purchasing and taking drugs here is risky, and I did this well aware of those risks.

With that being said, I’m interested to see if anyone can help me categorize/identify what it was I took, as I’m pretty sure it wasn’t real LSD.

Tab tasted like what I would expect ink and paper to taste like, not great, maybe a little bitter but not distinctively so, so I wasn’t all that concerned. After 5-10 mins in the mouth, I swallowed the tan. Within 30 mins I felt a bit of a numbing sensation in the mouth but again, not significant.

about 45mins-1hr in I start to feel antsy and some body discomfort, what I understand to be typical of a come-up. At around 1hr to 1.5 hrs I am comfortably tripping, listening to good music, seeing some walls breathing, colors popping, nice geometric patterns, etc. I take my dogs out for a walk and we have a great time! I had some positive “psychedelic” thinking as well, constantly focusing on how everything is connected, the world is beautiful, don’t take yourself so seriously, etc. Of course this was the peak.

So all is well and seems wonderful until about hour 3-4 of the trip, visuals started to significantly decrease, I still remained in a strange headspace, kind of confused, but not having a distinctly pleasant experience anymore. My body sensation was more tense and still slightly “heavy” feeling.

I’m at about 5 hours from the initial dosage right now, and I can pretty surely say that I feel normal both mentally and visually. My body still does have that slightly tense, but heavy feeling. It’s not bad. My neck in particular feels quite tight, as if there’s some kind of pressure, but not significantly uncomfortable.

It’s at this point I realize it definitely wasn’t LSD— as that’s supposedly to last some 8-12 hours, right? The beginning seemed normal but the effects quickly fell off, left me in a strange, confused headspace for a short period, and then basically disappeared.

So with this limited information I’m wondering if anyone with more experience can help me identify what this could have been, or at least what family of drugs. Of course I’m happy to answer any questions about effects and their timing that could help!

Hi and welcome to BL :)

Well, we can't really help you with identifying the specific drug because we can't know for sure without you testing it.
My guess would be that it was an NBOH, but it's not like it matters that much now.

Do you have previous experience with acid?

I hope you will be able to find real blotters in the future and do test them with say an Ehrlich reagent kit.

Hey thanks for the reply, I figured it was an NBOH or something similar. At least it wasn't a negative experience, and I don’t yet feel any negative side effects (day after).

I know there are a number of 25x-NBOH/NBOMe compounds going around marketed as LSD. But they all have differing durations I think, right? Whatever I took had about a 1-1.5hr come up, maybe a 2-3 hour peak, and then has a relatively quick come down (visually speaking, emotional/physicial effects slowly tapered off until maybe 5 or 6 hours after ingestion, I was comfortably in bed and asleep by 7 hours after). Perhaps dosage was low (1tab) but I’ve read that NBOHs/NBOMes are particularly strong, and my trip was actually quite mild as far as visuals, being able to move around, etc. Mostly just a lot of mild overlaid patterns on surfaces, walls breathing and morphing/shifting, a visual “underwater” feeling, and noticing a lot of brighter colors and colors popping out of edges etc.

the timeline seems consistent with oral 2c-b but i find its body high and headspace to be pretty distinct from lsd

the timeline seems consistent with oral 2c-b but i find its body high and headspace to be pretty distinct from lsd
Can 2C-B come on a blotter though? I’ve read that it usually doesn’t, as you can’t fit a high enough dose on a blotter, right?

You will never know for sure but the datapoints are pretty consistent for a nbome