• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HELP!!! I think I have an emergency with DXM.

loose-id

Greenlighter
My roommate is really messed up! He really took a LOT of the stuff, and drank. I thought it was just a weekend binge, but just found out he tried to commit suicide, so, as I said, a LOT. He's immobile. I tried giving him gatorade, but he puked it up.

Is there anything at all I can do at home to help him get better? We can't call the hospital. More details will follow if you want.
TY in advance,
loose-id

Assuming you are serious, you need to call some kind of emergency services, if not 911 then poison control, something. Can you get a more accurate estimate of how much DXM he consumed, how much alcohol he consumed, and whether or not there were any other active ingredients in the DXM solution he consumed?

He asked me not to call a hospital. No 9-1-1, he's on probation. Big problem is, so am I, and I'm not going to going to jail for this. I have cats and kittens and no-one to care for them. I will not have them suffer or even die because he was rude. I will most likely end up having to go to jail for months too, and I don't intend to lose my apartment and all my stuff either!
As for how much, so far I've found 3 empty bottles of store-brand tussin gels. I don't think he took them all at once though, because he answered his door Sat. afternoon and complained of stomach pain. I'll have more detail in a minute, have to get a bottle and magnifying glass.

Ok, 3 bottles of 20 gelcaps with 15mg dxm, only active ingredient, though there are a few pills missing out of some pop-out thingies. 30 mg dex, 4mg chlorphonamine maleate. There's also an empty bottle of rum, 35% alcohol, 1.75 liters. As I said, may not have all been taken at once, think he's been at it since Friday night or Sat. morn. I'm going to go check on him now, BRB

If his health is really in danger, you're gonna have to call somebody. It doesn't sound like you'll get into much trouble, he didn't commit a crime. Just did something very dumb.

In my country it is a crime to not help somebody, if his life is in danger and you can help him easily.
Call professional help immediately.

Thank you so much everyone!

He finally broke down/got sane enough to let me send him to a hospital. The cops did not arrive with the ambulance, thank psomething, but now I'm wondering if the probation people are going to start making surprise house visits. 8(
He went out with nothing but some pajama pants (which I had to put on him) and his wallet.
I also had to drag/coax/threaten him down the stairs and out the front door (litter wouldn't get further). The EMTs thought I was his mother, for cryin' out loud!
I'm debating whether or not to start looking for a new roommate immediately. Attempting to commit suicide, especially with alcohol, when he knows I'm on active probation for a DUI (1st and only offense) is fuckin' rude. Yeah, now that I think about it, that's way too disrespectful. :X
I don't mind partying in the least (in moderation), I like to myself. That shit is different though. I don't need any more fuckin' trouble. I obviously don't make trouble for others, I don't deserve this bullshit.
Again, thank you all so very much for all your help.

P.S. I got the DUI because an aggressive drive slammed into me. Twice. I had even tried to move up onto the empty sidewalk to avoid her. She didn't get so much as a fuckin' breathalyzer. Probably because I moved here from NYC, and she was a local. I swear I wanna make a big legal stink about this one day, if my life ever becomes anything close to resembling "normal" again.

3 bottles of 20 gelcaps is not a lethal amount (that's a solid get-you-fucked-up-for-fun dose though), and chances are if he mixes any amount of alcohol with it he'll throw up a large amount of it anyway...

being fucked up at someone'e house isn't a crime by the way. you're not the one chugging cough medication so you don't need to worry.

Happy to hear it all worked out.I used to drink alot during lower-dose DXM trips (150-500mg) Id imagine it was pretty intense for him,to say the least.Especially with his mindset being on suicide,must have made for one mind-fuck of a trip.

Man someone has a real bad case of its not my fault......blame should be examined closely.....think bout what happens when you point a finger

Hi loose-id.

glad this situation worked out for you two.

from the wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_rescue

it seems to apply to
2.1.1 Argentina
2.1.2 Canada
2.1.3 France
2.1.4 Germany
2.1.5 Russia
2.1.6 Serbia

One thing I wanted to comment on still:
"Attempting to commit suicide [... concerning your situation...] is fuckin' rude."
When he is so desperate that he tries to end his life - so desolate as to give up everything - he is in an extreme personal situation as well. What would it take for you to say: I am going to kill my self. When you imagine yourself to be at this point, would you care what a room mate is going to think of your or what he's going to do with your dead body.
From a subjective point of view, a person committing suicide is (understandably) very much concerned with his own problems - that are after all so huge he has no idea how to deal with them. In a situation a person tries to commit suicide, I guess he will think little of the consequences of his actions for others, when the consequences of his actions for himself will mean: The end of everything that he has experienced up to this point.

<3