• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help! I ate some dried weed 9 hours ago and I'm still panicking

Dre1990

Bluelighter
That's the first time I do this. I'm not a very experienced user. I ate probably more than 1g, but could be 2g, 3g, maybe more...I dont know. I just took a few pinches and chewed it and swallowed it. I ate much because I always thought plant matter would be a weak high but a couple of hours after I ate it I started going extremely high with panic attacks. I took 50mg of phenobarbital and drank one beer to try to calm myself down and it didn't help much although I think I would be much worse If I havent took the phenobarbital and the beer. How much longer is this gonna last? Does raw plant matter lasts longer than a normal edible (like cannabutter)?

edit: I think that because the herb was was very dried it decarbed naturally. This is a serious thread.

I've ate the grounds of the weed that I've already vaped, which is basically what you did and a tablespoon had me high for a solid 12 hours and I was a daily user. I really have no idea when you'll started coming down, sorry.

Edibles can last for hours - I've had brownies that have lasted a solid 10 hours then lingering effects for many hours after that. I wouldn't have any idea how long 3 grams of ingested weed would last but your not going to do yourself any favors by panicking about it.

It is going to last you a long time so better to try and change your mind frame and start enjoying yourself - put some music on, video games, watch tv etc

Just take some deep breaths - and don't take too many downers and alcohol - that will only make things worse (and potentially be genuinely dangerous).
Freaking out from a high dose of orally ingested cannabis isn't physically dangerous, so don't worry too much about that.
Just try to ride it out as best you can.

It's been hours since you've posted this, so hopefully by now you're feeling alright :)

It's been 18 hours now. I was able to sleep a couple of hours. I'm at work now. I think the worst is over, but I'm still high, with a lot of anxiety, barely functioning. Will be posting more later.

It's 30 hours now. Except for a few lingering effects, it is over. I'm gonna take at least a week break from using weed again. During the high I became acutely aware of things that are wrong in my life. I guess it was worth it.

hey these experiences are from your own mind. sounds like you had a lot on your mind when you ingested the weed. i'm happy it's made you more aware of whatever is wrong with your life :).

anxiety manifests itself from the subconscious in wicked ways.

During the high I became acutely aware of things that are wrong in my life. I guess it was worth it.

heh, yeah that happens. but that's the easy part, then there's the making-real-changes part!