HELP I am even more paranoid when sober this impossible to get out of right

fetuslover123

Greenlighter
I had the worst experience past week I have been inside for like 3 weeks now and I'm fucked I can't even look out the window because its too bright and I think I pass out again. I had problems with axiety and paranoia for years now so I have been prescribed .5s of lorazepam and sertralin and since I am stuck inside I have been heavy on the dutch orange vapes and some alchemist charas wich I think have mam2201 in them. also drinking a little but I don't have much. I cannot eat I and going to the toilet is super difficult. I kept passing out randomly and waking up like half a day later. thursday I woke up from nightmares like absolute hell that I'm stalked and they'll trap me and make me kill myself. I am awake of V2k terror and that's when I started questioning if my head voice is my thoughts or directed at me by some stalkers or the police. My doctor did not even believe me when I say this but I'm sure I was poisoned at some point because this doesn't feel real I wouldn't do this to myself I only need to cope with this shit and soon after I woke up I went into the most intense psychosis and confusion I've ever experienced, I was out of it I was losing it thinking I am dying I could not tell if it was a day or a few hours. I was completely out for two days and I did not even take anything that time I was cold sober and felt more down mentally than ever. 3 days later, remembered another paranoid dream where im being caught by police and wind up either dead or tortured. I have no idea if this can be called sober it feels like a trip on the fucking medicine which cant be. this is hell I feel more fucked up when sober vs when I got numbed and only this morning I woke up normal. can anyone help me here to cut this out of my life

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I experienced something similar in my heavy weed and synthetic cannabinioid smoking days, I had this unshakable feeling that my family and friends were out to sabotage me. Even though I knew this wasn't true I couldn't shake the feeling even when sober and it was terrifying.

You can recover from these feelings, I have made a full recovery, but it may take some time.

First, do not give in to these paranoid feelings. Every time you think some other person or thing is messing with your head, just remember, there is no reason for them to do this and there is physically no way they can do this. It will be hard but you have to fight the delusions.

Second, and just as important, stop taking any type of psychedelic, cannabinoid, cannabis, or any other drug that leads you too this state. Get off them as soon as possible and stay off them.

Third, see your doctor and get a panel of tests run on you, to make sure you you don't have any nutrient deficiencies or a buildup of toxic compounds.

You can recover from this, it may take some time but eventually the nightmare will end. Good luck to you on your journey

OK man have you been diagnosed? Because if this happens sober and you can be sure it is NOT drug - induced, then it sounds like a possible schizophreniform disorder for which you'd require antipsychotics.

Sending love.. please consider getting off the cannabis. You can always return to using it if you determine it is beneficial.

It really seems like your facing a significant illness and I hope you have the best possible outcome. Stay strong and keep fighting it, with everything you can find that works, no matter what❤️

Last edited:
The ridiculously vague ingredients for Dutch orange vape really sounds like synthetic cannabinoids, if you're doing that every day that's as far away from sober as you could possibly be. Stop them, I don't know anyone who has done them for long periods without internal damage and plunging into a very specific horrible kind of psychosis.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I experienced something similar in my heavy weed and synthetic cannabinioid smoking days, I had this unshakable feeling that my family and friends were out to sabotage me. Even though I knew this wasn't true I couldn't shake the feeling even when sober and it was terrifying.
Yes exactly this but for me its not friends and family it's more a police type thing. I know this shouldn't make sense but I get these episodes where it feels like they're right in front of my door or observing me or something. Police and investigators stalking me and placing irrational fear on me, manipulating my thoughts and my actions.

I smoked a ton of weed like 10 years ago when I was a teenager I have been smoking since I was 14. And when I got my job I went for synthetic/research chemicals due to drug testing. Dutch orange contains jwh as far as I know and that doesn't test positive. It also costs less and I might be slightly addicted because I do get some real cravings when I'm off for more than 2 days. It got really bad when I went in because of my intrusive thoughts/OCD on being stalked. My doctor is the only one I trust with my depression and these thoughts. I got sertralin/antidepressant and when it got worse I also got the lorazepam. I work from home since last year and even got panic attacks at home and locked myself in because I feel like someone will break in or that the police will come busting my doors in. I heard of people getting killed by swat and scary shit like that. I am not dealing and I lay low being unsuspicious most of the time so I wouldn't know why but I'm legit scared of that.

I feel like if I'd stop with the cannabinoids I would not be able to sleep at all. Appreciate your post about controlling these thoughts as I said it was fine the last couple hours I watched no news just drank water and heard music and I was actually real calm for the first time in a week. Hope I can get my shit together eventually but if I go back to regular weed I feel like I'll worry even more about drug tests or police.

I have smoked weed my whole life but in my older age i notice anything other then indica causes me high anxiety . You should see a doctor and not smoke anything in the meantime.

Yes exactly this but for me its not friends and family it's more a police type thing. I know this shouldn't make sense but I get these episodes where it feels like they're right in front of my door or observing me or something. Police and investigators stalking me and placing irrational fear on me, manipulating my thoughts and my actions.

I smoked a ton of weed like 10 years ago when I was a teenager I have been smoking since I was 14. And when I got my job I went for synthetic/research chemicals due to drug testing. Dutch orange contains jwh as far as I know and that doesn't test positive. It also costs less and I might be slightly addicted because I do get some real cravings when I'm off for more than 2 days. It got really bad when I went in because of my intrusive thoughts/OCD on being stalked. My doctor is the only one I trust with my depression and these thoughts. I got sertralin/antidepressant and when it got worse I also got the lorazepam. I work from home since last year and even got panic attacks at home and locked myself in because I feel like someone will break in or that the police will come busting my doors in. I heard of people getting killed by swat and scary shit like that. I am not dealing and I lay low being unsuspicious most of the time so I wouldn't know why but I'm legit scared of that.

I feel like if I'd stop with the cannabinoids I would not be able to sleep at all. Appreciate your post about controlling these thoughts as I said it was fine the last couple hours I watched no news just drank water and heard music and I was actually real calm for the first time in a week. Hope I can get my shit together eventually but if I go back to regular weed I feel like I'll worry even more about drug tests or police.
Believe me, your best chance for recovery will be to stop taking any type of cannabinoid, including weed. Once synth cannabinoids or weed start inducing these paranoid delusions it doesn't go away easily. Unfortunately, to this day I still struggle with these delusions when I consume weed and certain psychedelics, so I have to be very careful with my use.

I know for a fact that you can recover, but you need to start with abstinence, otherwise things will never get better.

It's going to be hard to sleep, but you can find your way through it. As unhealthy as it was, I was leaning on diphenhydramine for a time. But as tolerance increased I also had to give up on that and deal with the consequences. One way or another you'll have to pay the piper, maybe your doctor can help you get on some temporary sleep meds, but don't get over reliant on them cuz they aren't a permanent solution.

Please @fetuslover123 remember that none of us here are doctors, so if/when an anonymous stranger on Bluelight recommends against using anti-psychotics or any other prescribed medication, DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. A psychiatrist has a minimum of 8 years of schooling to become experts at what they do. These drugs cause different reactions for different people, so just because one person didn't take the meds long enough for them to work properly does not mean they don't work at all. I see a few things that you should do in order to get back to equilibrium.

First, as has been stated many times in this thread already, you must stop with the synthetic weed. I was a social worker in homeless services for four years and have had multiple clients lose their shit because they thought it was a safe replacement for cannabis. It isn't. Check out this brief article, it's like a 5 minute read:

Second, report every single thing you told us to your psychiatrist. If he doesn't believe you or brushes it off, then I would heavily consider finding a different psychiatrist. Seriously. I just changed psychiatrists recently because my previous one was an old man and didn't empathize with my situation. My new guy is younger and has more understanding of what I am going through. By the way, I'm diagnosed with shizoaffective disorder and have previously experienced much of what you are experiencing but without the cannabinoids.

Third, if all this continues or worsens after quitting the synthetic weed, please consider going to the nearest emergency room and checking in. Tell them the thoughts you are having and try to get some full time psychiatric care. You will be under observation and will possibly be given sleep meds if needed, at least on a temporary basis. The vast majority of psychiatric stays last no more than a week. Believe me, I've had plenty of them.

I really do hope you get better. Please keep us updated!

nothing will make anxiety problems worse that using benzos and ethanol. (not while you're on them, but over time) -- synthetic JWH noids that are full agonists at CB1 can cause seizure through GABA blockade -- you are vaping all day to the point of affecting your GABA signaling, then trying to use ethanol and benzos to recover some of that... this will result over time with nasty dependence on all and serious damage to GABA systems. I know it's difficult -- exercise/sleep maintenance and working on meditation or other active techniques to control anxiety while reducing the intake of chems is how to avoid this scenario.

nothing will make anxiety problems worse that using benzos and ethanol. (not while you're on them, but over time) -
+1

I’m not presenting a clinical way to deal with this the arrogant overpaid jack asses can deal with their own bullshit.

But spot on.. never seen anyone more anxious then someone treated pharmacology for anxiety.