• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help: How long I have to wait to do heroin after taking Suboxone (daily user (12mg)

LuisPereira100

Greenlighter
Hello there i know there's too many topics about this discussion, but unfortunely i still couldn't reach too a conclusion and it's very important to me. I'm portuguese so my english probably will not be too good. Well, so, I'm on Suboxone, and i've seen many topics of people who have taken suboxone and mixed with heroin but they only consumed suboxone for a few days, me in a other hand take suboxone in a daily basis, 12mg, so my question is who long i have to wait to do heroin (smoked) and be safed about that ? Thank you very much.

Pretty much full wd. 24-48hrs, though depending on metabolism/ and how long you’ve been on it, you could reduce effects.

30-40 hours should be fine, and just take it slow at first smoking/vaping, it will work though(to what effect?)

Pretty much full wd. 24-48hrs, though depending on metabolism/ and how long you’ve been on it, you could reduce effects.

30-40 hours should be fine, and just take it slow at first smoking/vaping, it will work though(to what effect?)
I didn't understood you completely. I'm on subs since a year and a half now.. can u explain me in other words ? It means that 1 day and a half and it's fine to smoke ? Maybe i should be careful and be aware and control in the beginning and see the effects that cause on me after smoking ? But to be really safe do u think 40 hours is enough ?

Yeah you got right idea. Really 48frs would be best, or when physical wd starts up. Unfortunately that is only way to be sure to get full effect.

However heroin/morphine is a powerful drug, and 30-40 hours you will get some effect, just how much so?(Then again, going more than 24 might yield surprising effects)

There are plenty of threads on the topic, good luck

Yeah you got right idea. Really 48frs would be best, or when physical wd starts up. Unfortunately that is only way to be sure to get full effect.

However heroin/morphine is a powerful drug, and 30-40 hours you will get some effect, just how much so?(Then again, going more than 24 might yield surprising effects)

There are plenty of threads on the topic, good luck
Ok thank you very much, and then when can i take suboxone again ? After i take the heroin ?

You must wait until you are in WD from the H, pretty much.

Or just until the next day, if it is a one time thing(a day or two)

Hello, I'm on Suboxone for almost 2 years (I'm taking now 12mg's for almost about 8 months maybe) and I have ideas of using heroin, I am now on day 2 without Suboxone, it's been 48 hours since I'm not taking it, I'm allowed to use Heroin now or should i wait more 24 hours or more ? I really apreciate some fast help. Thanks

Ola, bom dia, OP. I moved your post from two days ago to your thread from a month ago.

The advice then was to wait 30 to 40 hours at least. So you should be OK now.

Pretty much full wd. 24-48hrs, though depending on metabolism/ and how long you?€™ve been on it, you could reduce effects.

Would it even work then? I have done dope after being off of Suboxone for 13 days and still had a near total block.

^ No you didn't-not calling you a liar, there just wasn't any buprenorphine left by that point to block receptor

You can even break through low doses!

Think you were on a high dose, and underestimated your tolerance- or your weird-JK, though seriously would need more details(note that low dose IV buprenorphine and morphine can actually e combined, let me stress *low* dose, as buprenex(injectable buprenorphine for IV/IM use) is 300mcg per ml, and they actually make tablets that are less than that for sublingual use(apparently less than half a mg SL is considered active, though don't know how the liquid/solid BA% figures in

It wasn't being blocked by the oddly powerful yet partial agonist opioid; and OP, wait as long as you want, though the 30-40 hours is a good go to-obviously waiting even longer COULD increase the chances of getting great effects, yet you will also have to suffer during that extra time; not worth it, unless you take a lower dose one day, and then after a break do full agonist opioids for a couple days or something like that

Would it even work then? I have done dope after being off of Suboxone for 13 days and still had a near total block.

There's no way the sub was still blocking the dope- the sub probably just shot your tolerance way up so you didn't feel a lot off of your regular dose. Subs always shot my opiate tolerance through the roof.

There's no way the sub was still blocking the dope- the sub probably just shot your tolerance way up so you didn't feel a lot off of your regular dose. Subs always shot my opiate tolerance through the roof.

^ This. I took subs for years, and would take a 36hr break and take a shot - it always terrified my friends how much I had to do to get the desired effect.

At 12mg/day you should be good to dose at 36hrs.

I would agree 48 hours is the golden number... but I have had some success waiting only 36 or even 24 hours.