Help getting started

StoryMan

Greenlighter
So i used to be 140LBS, six pack and built, i kinda fell off a little bit and im around 190LBS, not as strong and havent worked out in months. Im looking to get back in shape for football season in september, can anyone help me out? What should i take? What should my plan be?

Lots of interval training, intense shuttle sprints, 3-5 weights and 1-2 distance run (3-5 mile) sessions per week. Diet: 4-6 high quality meals, with tons of mixed vegetables, 3-4 pieces of fruit, nuts/seeds, fish oils, and 30-50g protein per meal. Cut out the junk obviously.

Notice he didnt say steroids. Youre too young, from reading your other posts. Do what CFC says and I bet once you start working out and losing weight, you will feel better mentally too.

Lol, yeah I'm sure that's probably what was really wanted. But steroids will do very little by themselves, and he needs to understand that. They're like the icing on an already nicely baked cake. The groundwork is all about exercise and diet, and almost all his (and everyone else's) progress comes from that.

I wouldnt know from experience but enjoy your knowledge and know this poster should wait on them for now.

You shouldn't be taking shit. Look up Rippetoe's starting strength, and calculate your maintenance calories.