• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help getting a vein

I've heard all kinds of great suggestions for making your veins more visible. Hot showers, hydration, vitamins, exersize are all pretty effective, but at a certain point for some of us, it becomes pretty unfeasable to go the IV route. I've been muscling my Heroin for a few years now and I really don't have a problem with it. I've never had an abscess or a complication. That doesn't mean you won't. Intramuscular injections are apparently more susceptible to complication, but like I said, I've never experienced any.

You just need to try to be as clean as possible. Use a new syringe each time, wash the intended area with soap and warm water etc. Depending on who you ask, you will get between 85% - 100% of your total dose through this method. If you don't feel like going the IM route, then rectal administration is your next best bet. The jury is out on what exactly the bioavailability is for this route, but I feel that it's at least as powerful as insufflation from experience.

That thing about schwarzenegger just got me thinking, I'm sure I read that pro bodybuilders eat sweets and chocolate (candy to our cousins across the pond) prior to going on stage to to all their pumping and flexing to make their veins more prominent, think they said it was down to all the sugar. So perhaps a hot bath/shower followed by a hot sugary drink may be beneficial?

Across the pond we can't im the street stuff. Dunno if it's coz of the cut or because you have to add an acid

Across the pond we can't im the street stuff. Dunno if it's coz of the cut or because you have to add an acid

tbh mate you shouldn't IM heroin - shouldn't really IM anything unless it comes from a sterile vial. you're just asking for an abscess.
but yeah, the citric means it'd bloody hurt too.

best off just tootin the stuff wee get over here i guess.

Sit in a kitchen or any straight back chair where you can sling your arm over the back of it with your armpit resting on the top of the back of the chair. Lean your weight into your armpit and you should see some veins in your hand. Hope this explanation was somewhat understandable. Lol

^Are you saying, instead of using a tourniquet or tie-off of some kind, to do this? or use a tie-off and do this? Never really thought about it, to be honest, 95% of the time I inject, it is when I am on the side of my bed or on the sofa... I don't really have any chairs in my house to do this with lol, but the old tie-off has always worked thus far for me, considering I am very slim/athletic built... so my veins stick out, the ones that I usually hit, and I actually at one time was able to hit them frequently without tying off at all! but over the years, they have become less and less easy to hit, sometimes even with a tie off even though most of them are visible regardless... though they are too "soft" to hit without one, and last time I attempted to with out tying off, it resulted in a partial miss.. so I pulled the rig out immediately, tied off and then went to town...