• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help get a Drug Law Reform Australia candidate up in the senate?

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
Here's your chance. Personally, I'm a Greens hack but if you actually give a shit about this issue then you need to start to engage with the political process and this is a bloody good place to start. Unless people stand up and fight the bastards on their own turf then things will never change.

http://www.druglawreform.com.au/

(If they do get a senate candidate up then just be sure to preference the Greens above any of the old parties, OK?)

I'm all for the Drug reform party and am going to be getting heavily involved for the next election. Even if it is just to make a stand to say shit is not right we need to have a different policy and address the issue: people take drugs for pleasure, for trauma in their lives, because of addiction or whatever and prohibition simply isolates these people and those who need help never get it. Don't play into the war on drugs, educate people, provide safe places with clean equipment people can access with qualified staff, provide better support services for those with serious socioeconomic issues rather than locking them up for 12 months.

Why not get 6-8 weeks rehab and further community support. Reduce social isolation for disadvantaged minorities. Fuck if Portugal can reduce their heroin epidemic from 100,000 to 30,000 that means more people able to work, pay taxes getting off the dole, less cost to health care system, Police can concentrate on serious shit like homicides, Motor vehicle accidents, speeding fines (lol), there will always be hard out addicts but they become a very small minority (and usually OD from hotshots when some really pure shit comes to town) Take away the allure, empower people to make a positive change and spend less money on policing and more on social welfare. If you incarcerate a person for 10 years vs 6 months rehab and community follow up I wonder which will cost more?

Also be nice if we could force Target and other retailers to pay the people working in third world countries a reasonable wage and ensure there place of work is up to standard/safe. Less desire to flee from your country if you are earning a comfortable living there. I'm sure this would massively reduce boat people coming from these areas.
Finnally educate or children about the dangers risk/vs reward of substance use to pre-warn them about what they will come across during their lives. Not just have a 0 drug policy and education that is all "these are drugs don't take them you will die or end up in jail". I'm sure that kind of chat from a police officer to a grade 10 class is going to stop all of those kids smoking dope/drinking/doing E's etc. Because it's illegal it's seen as cool by younger people.

Also I'd like to see people being given test kits in high school and have this kind of conversation: "If you are going to use something these kits will help you identify it and hopefully you can make an informed decision. Be warned however some of you may react badly to the drug some may not. Always have someone who is sober with you or you mum and/or dad."

Also I'd like to see people being given test kits in high school and have this kind of conversation: "If you are going to use something these kits will help you identify it and hopefully you can make an informed decision. Be warned however some of you may react badly to the drug some may not. Always have someone who is sober with you or you mum and/or dad."

Wouldn't that be awesome if they started educating people about drugs at that age and were able to provide access to test kits. However the powers that be, politicians ands cops and school principals would not go for it as there would be too many arguments for it would 'encourage' drug use and other crap. Sux though hey, as it might really save some people from harm or death, and would be such a great idea to start teaching them to test young and always have a sitter with them.