• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help from people who know

magen

Greenlighter
I Hello to all the well meaning people and thanks for all the important information shared here,this is my query,Im a middle aged man ,7 year a deep brain bleed (basically inoperable)From which I am almost completely recovered,I suffered from Chronic pain ,and was prescribed oxy syrup, which I became dependent on,I live in a country with medical cannabis program,and using that, I weaned off the oxy ,only using oxy for extremely bad breakthrough pain ,I can go days or weeks without oxy, but during that time my mood and appetite is terrible,insomnia , but if I take a small amount of oxy,even 1-2 mg daily ( which I dont even feel ) all of that is better, I dont want go down the rabbit hole of dependence again ,what brain chemical am I deficient in?? Is there any medicine to help me?Thank you.

I Hello to all the well meaning people and thanks for all the important information shared here,this is my query,Im a middle aged man ,7 year a deep brain bleed (basically inoperable)From which I am almost completely recovered,I suffered from Chronic pain ,and was prescribed oxy syrup, which I became dependent on,I live in a country with medical cannabis program,and using that, I weaned off the oxy ,only using oxy for extremely bad breakthrough pain ,I can go days or weeks without oxy, but during that time my mood and appetite is terrible,insomnia , but if I take a small amount of oxy,even 1-2 mg daily ( which I dont even feel ) all of that is better, I dont want go down the rabbit hole of dependence again ,what brain chemical am I deficient in?? Is there any medicine to help me?Thank you.
It's possible you could be deficient in serotonin meaning you would need an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) drug, aka an antidepressant. But we aren't doctors here so we can't diagnose you of course.

It could also be PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) which is the part of withdrawal that lasts a long long time after the physical dependence. It actually may never even leave. After I quit heroin 5 years later I would still dream about it often and think about it daily. No joke. And I wasn't even a heavy user.

Your brain learns to really, really like the way opioids make you feel. If I were you I'd talk to a doctor about it but be very careful. The wrong words could get your prescription cut off, unless that's what you want.

To me it sounds like PAWS and honestly I find that the hardest part with opioids but again, I'm no doctor.
I self medicate with oxycodone for my severe hip, back and leg pain as the doctors all refuse to prescribe pain meds to me. I don't take them every day but I'm ALWAYS very angry, moody, have a short fuse etc. The day after I take any and i don't take much at a time, 10mg max.

Opioids are extremely powerful drugs so don't underestimate the addictive potential. Unless you have a history of depression I doubt your brain is deficient in anything and it's the oxy whispering in your ear.

However if it's becoming an issue in your daily life, or you have any doubts at all, id strongly suggest seeing a doctor.

Edit: its possibly depression in which case yes, there is medicine to help. Antidepressants. Again, not a doctor. Maybe they can switch you to morphine for breakthrough pain and put you on an SSRI? (SSRI's and oxy don't mix well, read on serotonin syndrome)

Somthing you mite want to look into is Kratom this is my go to when I run out of my pain meds. Just make sure you look into it and
Do some research into it before you decide to take it but it is a very helpful natural Herb from the plants. This is my go to
When I run out early of my Pain Meds it has been a life saver. You can find this legally at almost all headshots
And smoke shops now a days. Just do a little research into it to find what strain is best fitting for your needs. I hope this helps you some
GOD bless. MORE INFORMATION FOUND HERE ON WIKI.

SOURCE WIKI. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosaMitragyna speciosa

Mitragyna speciosa (commonly known as kratom[8]) is a tropical evergreen tree in the coffee family native to Southeast Asia. M. speciosa is
indigenous to Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, and Papua New Guinea,[9] where it has been used in traditional medicines since at least
The nineteenth century.[4] Kratom has opioid properties and some stimulant-like effects.
[10][11][12]

LOVE DR.CaTZ <3<3

Once you go down the opiod rabbit hole there is either no going back if your weak or you just have strength of will and take kratom for a week or two and then just go clean . I've done this many times . On and off again. Oxycodone. Never tried heroin or when I was withdrawing looked for street drugs or stole etc. Always showed up to work even feeling terrible. You have to realize when you take the pill there's a saying what goes up must come down .

And instead of being a pussy when withdrawing soldier up and realize that's the decision you made . It sounds harsh and simple but it's true. There are people who are weak and people who are strong the weak are controlled by the drug the strong while addicted possibly , do not let it dominate their life .

Check if your local main hospital or one you are willing to drive to uses Ketamine for pain treatments. It was truly a godsend for me. I do not know how it works with brain pressure or bleeding but it is a possible alternative.

Check if your local main hospital or one you are willing to drive to uses Ketamine for pain treatments. It was truly a godsend for me. I do not know how it works with brain pressure or bleeding but it is a possible alternative.
Ketamine? For chronic pain? Is it an inpatient thing or is it a take home prescription?

Also which country are you in? I would love to have something for chronic pain that works and seeing as right now the only option is opioids and my doctors won't script it, I'm kinda fucked spending a fortune on the black market. You can pm me if u want so we don't hijack the poor dudes thread lol.

No Hi Jack. I'm in the US. From what minimal research I have done on availability to US patents, it is available as either a pain treatment therapy, provided as an outpatient service, in major US hospitals or specialized pain clinics that charge mucho denaro for the service. It is available pretty much everywhere.Good luck with take home medication. I have not seen that yet.I do not know about availability or treatment options in other countries. I would like to hope that it would catch on. A simple call to your hospital would answer your question. They are nice enough to give it to your cat, so....BTW, they ALL know what special K is. This doesn't mean they think you are a abuser, but they know why people use it.Ketamine actually lowers your pain tolerance. When I started, Oxycodone were completely rubbish. I still hate them. After treatment for a while, I was given Hydrocodone and the Hydrocodone actually worked much better and stronger (to me) then the Oxycodone ever did. You are forcing me to make a thread for this,lol.

Time is the elixir that you are looking for. It gets better the longer you are off them. Your brain will start to produce the normal amounts of feel good juice eventually.

No Hi Jack. I'm in the US. From what minimal research I have done on availability to US patents, it is available as either a pain treatment therapy, provided as an outpatient service, in major US hospitals or specialized pain clinics that charge mucho denaro for the service. It is available pretty much everywhere.Good luck with take home medication. I have not seen that yet.I do not know about availability or treatment options in other countries. I would like to hope that it would catch on. A simple call to your hospital would answer your question. They are nice enough to give it to your cat, so....BTW, they ALL know what special K is. This doesn't mean they think you are a abuser, but they know why people use it.Ketamine actually lowers your pain tolerance. When I started, Oxycodone were completely rubbish. I still hate them. After treatment for a while, I was given Hydrocodone and the Hydrocodone actually worked much better and stronger (to me) then the Oxycodone ever did. You are forcing me to make a thread for this,lol.

Doood u do not know our doctors if you think they are nice lol. They have a "go home and suffer and die in silence so we don't have to see your stupid fucking face" attitude, no joke.

They just tried to kick my buddies dad out of the hospital to 'free up beds' because he would be in there too long, and if the man leaves it will be his death. Our doctors are fucking useless pricks who get to go to that special place below hell when they die. They're all foreigners so maybe that's why they don't care about us Canadians.

Anyway, off topic big time.... but yeah dude you should totally make a thread about it I'm super interested in this now.

Doood u do not know our doctors if you think they are nice lol. They have a "go home and suffer and die in silence so we don't have to see your stupid fucking face" attitude, no joke.

They just tried to kick my buddies dad out of the hospital to 'free up beds' because he would be in there too long, and if the man leaves it will be his death. Our doctors are fucking useless pricks who get to go to that special place below hell when they die. They're all foreigners so maybe that's why they don't care about us Canadians.

Anyway, off topic big time.... but yeah dude you should totally make a thread about it I'm super interested in this now.

Quoted for recognition. I am sorry to hear your docs are not nice. It still wouldn't hurt to do a little research on the medications schedule in your country. Work it from a different angle. Become informed and go from there. I will start compiling notes...