• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help for withdrawls....

pianoqueen1975

Greenlighter
I am currently out of my morphine that I am prescribed monthly. Can you tell me anything that I can possibly do to ward off the horrible withdrawel feelings that I am going to have to live through?

Valium/Benzodiazepines do not help with opiate withdrawals. I mean, they help you get some sleep if that's what you mean but as for stopping withdrawals. They don't. It's like saying Paracetamol stops with opiate withdrawals because it helps with the aches.

Yes it helps, but it doesn't stop it.

Valium/Benzodiazepines do not help with opiate withdrawals. I mean, they help you get some sleep if that's what you mean but as for stopping withdrawals. They don't. It's like saying Paracetamol stops with opiate withdrawals because it helps with the aches.

Yes it helps, but it doesn't stop it.

That's a bit of a blanket statement. Benzodiazepines are a totally appropriate medication for Opioid withdrawal. While only an Opioid agonist of some kind is going to truly arrest your withdrawal symptoms, there are a wide range of non-Opioid medications that can help control various symptoms.

OP, could you enlighten us a little bit in regard to your situation? How much Morphine are we talking about; how long must you make it until your refill (if applicable)?

How long do you have to go without your dose of morphine? How are you feeling with the w/d ?