• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help for Anxiety While on Zubsolv

Nabila12

Greenlighter
My fiancé is in recovery from severe opiod dependence disorder as well as the use of many other drugs, including benzodiazepines. He is into his 8th month of recovery and is miserable because he has these "spells" of extreme agitation, anger, and paranoia that leave me in tears and him wanting to relax, but unable. He has been prescribed Zyprexa, but this does nothing but make him sleep all day and still feel agitated when he finally gets up. He swears benzodiazepines are what he needs and I have been giving him one or two of mine here and there. My question: I know the co-administration of benzodiazepines and Zubsolv is not really safe, but I want to bring peace to both of us. Any suggestions of techniques we can use to help him with this very difficult stage of recovery?

Zyprexa can have some rough side effects on it's own. Did the doctor prescribe them both together? It's best for your fiancé to speak with his doctor if he's feeling these meds are not helping him. (Homeless ------- BDD)

That's one thing I cannot stsnd while taking bupe, the extreme anxiety andd overwhelming urge to bitch slap someone, I was on benzos at one point while on suboxone because of that issue. All opiates seem to cause a degree of irritability when it wears off...

I would recommend benadryl or hydroxyzine if benzos are out of the picture...they work fairly good surprisingly with opiates.

Ive been on suboxone for 12 months now and experienced the same thing. I am unsure if it is directly the effect of buprenorphine or mental health problems coming out. Buprenorphine is only a partial agonist and doesn't tend to pacify anxiety and depression or other mental health problems as well as mist full agonists do. I actually was diagnosed with psychosis which was seperate from the effects of buprenorphine.

Therapy and mindfulness meditation are helping me the most as well as anti-psychotics (I am on abilify which causes restlessness at low doses which would make your fiances problems worse in the short term). It took me 10-11 months to get on the appropriate medication for myself, diagnosed and able to control my anxiety/restlessness/depression.

Your fiance can try a different medication or a lower dose of olanzapine, or even try tapering down on the buprenorphine to see if that is the causal factor. In any case, alter some variables and try to isolate the root cause that way by process of elimination and experience, self awareness. Does your fiance have a therapist/ counsellor? Finding a good therapist to help me through this was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I hope your fiance can find some inner peace and resolve.