• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

HELP: Feeling completely off balance a MONTH after MDMA

HPPDOFF

Greenlighter
Around a month ago I stupidly took two 150mg of MDMA around 3 hours apart. As you might expect I rolled for hours, I couldn't even look at my phone until I had started to come down, immediately after I slept I noticed that my vision was all jaded and staticy, in other words my vision is lagging and not fluid. I'm also feeling off balance and wobbly when I walk. My vision also shakes when I focus on something
It's been a month with little improvement, what are my chances of recoving? Have I ruined my vestibular system and my eyes for good!!

It is very unlikely that you have done yourself any lasting damage with the dosing you describe, provided that firstly this was an isolated incident and not part of a pattern of overuse, and secondly that the MDMA was indeed MDMA and not something else more harmful. If anyone else you were with took MDMA from the same source, have they experienced similar symptoms? Have you taken MDMA before, and if so was this experience significantly different to any previous experiences?

If the answer to both those questions is "no", you can be reasonably (although not completely) sure that your symptoms are not the result of taking a substance other than what you thought you were taking.

In any case the best way to quickly rule out any lasting visual changes is to go visit an opticians, depending how comfortable you are with being honest or what part of the world you live in you can mention or not menton drugs as you see fit, but just explain your other symptoms and get them to test your eyes. If they don't find anything measurable (as I suspect will be the case) you can be reassured that you are most likely OK and any persistent distortions are likely psychological in origin and thus should clear up with time.

As for the balance issues, again, you need to ascertain if this is merely a feeling or something actually measurable. Do you play any sports? If so, have you noticed a marked deterioration in your performance? If you do not play any sports, start! Exercise does wonders for psychosomatic feelings of weakness, and just practicing activities requiring physical coordination should cause any balance issues to quickly resolve. If you still have noticeable balance issues even after making an effort to improve them, then it might be time to go see a doctor. However the doses you described are not dangerous amounts and therefore I strongly suspect that this will not be necessary.

Thank you for the reply
I took the least of all my friends, they all took a LOT more than me and they are all completely fine 100% I went to the opticians and they only problem they found was my eyes are a it misaligned and I have glasses that are supposed to correct them. The balance issues are most likely eye related because my eyes arent tracking so to speak, if I put my finger in the middle of my vision I feel more balanced. I was a very sporty person but now I defiantly find it hard to run around or even walk now because everything is bobbling around in the background p, the best way to describe it is neck isn't part of my body and they are moving at different times

That is unusual but I guess it is possible the MDMA triggered some underlying tendency to nystagmus (misaligned eyes). Fortunately this is a treatable condition, and I think that if you didn't have this before using MDMA your recovery should be quicker than usual. The more you practice walking or running the more you will get used to it and the balance issues will likely fade also. The human body has a remarkable tendency to adjust, if people can learn to walk again after spinal injuries you can learn to run again after dosing a little MDMA and ending up with a minor eye condition. :)

I know it is easier said than done but just try not to worry about it too much and keep doing the things you normally do, things will gradually get easier until you don't notice these problems anymore and the uncertainty you feel now is a distant memory.

Just a few more details to add
when smoking weed a few days later I've noticed static vision, ghosting, negative images etc, It's not bad, it's very light on the scale, is this something to do with it all, will this fade over time?

I myself have had 3g of mdma over a weekend (cant say it was the smartest decision) and had feeling of dizziness/loss of balance and blurred vision lasting for about 3 months afterwards, your symptoms sound similar to what i was feeling, only time ive had this adverse affect afterwards

Would you say you've seen an improvement over those three months?
I'm clinging to my ever so slight improvement I had over the last few weeks.
I hope that one day I'll get back to baseline

Hey man, please check out the thread I started, the visual symptoms I have sound very familiar, choppy vision like you have "bad fps" or "lag" and I had much dizzyness from this before (that part is better) but still visual choppy and shit. Also weird to focus sometimes, and moving the vision around the surronding or walking makes it worse than resting and focusing on something instead.

Kentan. I've been a lurker on here for years but post 3 day roll I have that exact same issue. It's been ongoing for a week now and I'm worried i've pushed something a bit too much. Did the side effects subside? I feel fine, can workout and sit at my desk but walking and running is weird. When i turn my head its like the sound cuts out like chop, chop chop.