• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help, EXTREME light headedness and dizzyness when standing up (heroin withdrawal? Or?

get high

Bluelighter
Hello So I used heroin for a half year everyday all day. I am on about day 6 to 8 of quitting and all of a sudden I can't even stand up without getting EXTREMELY LIGHTHEADED and dizzy. I feel as though I'm going to faint. I don't really have other withdrawal symptoms anymore besides depression, so I'm not sure if the heroin withdrawal is linked to this or it could be something serious :/ I can't even get out of bed without almost feeling as though I'm going to faint. I had lack of energy for the last week too, like ABSOLETELY no energy. I can't even walk up the stairs, get water etc. I really hope it's not something serious :/ This just started 2 days ago. Not even sure how long ive been off heroin, been 5 to 8 days. The light headedness and dizzyness is horrible. I can't get out of bed or move. WTF

I'd say go to the hospital, sounds like you are experiencing syncope, aka nearly fainting. Could be cause from something going on with your heart.

Sounds odd, like it started late in withdrawal not in the beginning. Get it checked out by doc.

I get these symptoms without exception in the later stages of wd as well.

Me too. Like soon as I stand up everything goes black for a few seconds. I have to stand still til my vision clears.

After about week 2 of being clean it always starts to subside for me. I too used to get scared but it was nothing much, just had to do with blood pressure.

LBP low blood pressure, anemia, etc. Could be a number of things.

Vertigo is another main cause and it's very common in snorters.

Just give it a few days...if you don't feel better, see a doctor.