• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP! Bad reaction to meth injection?!

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
Hey all. I don’t know where else to turn around but here to ask if anyone knows what the heck just happened to me. I’ve been using IV meth for many years. Got clean for eight and then relapsed like a dummy a year ago. I got some stuff from a friend earlier, and reacted perfectly fine to it this morning. Other than it made me a little hot. I just did a small 10 mL shot and immediately the pain that I felt cramping and burning up my arm was so severe I could hardly stand it. I know I didn’t miss. Are used the vein in the middle of my left arm at the crook of the elbow. Immediately following I got bright red all over both of my arms and my chest. As well as up my neck, and a weird skin reaction on my face that I can’t quite explain. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures on here. I’ll try. It’s been about 15 to 20 minutes and the redness on my arms and my chest has started to subside, but I still have a very odd rash on both of my cheeks. It appears almost like faded broken veins. It’s hardly noticeable. And some lumps it looks like on my left cheek like hives. What just happened to me? That was scarier than hell! I thought I was going to die or something. Can anyone tell me? I thought maybe injected into an artery but the blood was dark red so I don’t know.

You sure you didn't miss? It sounds like that's what happened. Burning pain and spreading redness are usually signs of that, plus the skin will feel warm/hot to the touch.

Use imgur to post an image. Upload file and copy the link.

It seriously sounds like you missed though.

Lizabeth, I admittedly don't know that full-scope of what you're experiencing here, so don't take any of what I'm saying as fact that applies to you. I understand that you didn't "miss" your shot, but that doesn't mean your vein is healthy and not liable to extravasation. Extravasation is essentially when an otherwise healthy vein "leaks" in certain quantities. It's a lot more common in folks who inject repeatedly. I'm not a doctor, but I believe if extravasation is a checkpoint on the way to death/unusability of the vein. I would really consider trying to find another viable spot for the time being.

What it sounds like is that you've injected into a vein that has extravasated to a certain degree. I think this led to an immune response from your body similar to an allergic reaction. I think the rashes and redness that you've experienced is probably your body responding to the foreign entity within it. Anything that goes outside of the vein will still be metabolized eventually, but at a significantly slower rate. The vein is a straight shot to the brain in seconds. A missed shot takes time to metabolize. I would definitely consult a medical professional if this rash and redness doesn't dissipate with time. I'll add that I've experienced the exact same thing when injecting Heroin into a vein that I believe was extravsating.

^ this, or an anaphylactic reaction from something in the dope.

Hope you're doing well! I think if anything, it's all in your head and youre fine in no time. Right? Love from me to you

Yeah missing a shot doesn’t cause a rash on your face and both arms not just the arm that was used. She’s clearly allergic to something it was cut with. Take some antihistamine if it doesn’t get better soon. xo

Hey all. I don’t know where else to turn around but here to ask if anyone knows what the heck just happened to me. I’ve been using IV meth for many years. Got clean for eight and then relapsed like a dummy a year ago. I got some stuff from a friend earlier, and reacted perfectly fine to it this morning. Other than it made me a little hot. I just did a small 10 mL shot and immediately the pain that I felt cramping and burning up my arm was so severe I could hardly stand it. I know I didn’t miss. Are used the vein in the middle of my left arm at the crook of the elbow. Immediately following I got bright red all over both of my arms and my chest. As well as up my neck, and a weird skin reaction on my face that I can’t quite explain. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures on here. I’ll try. It’s been about 15 to 20 minutes and the redness on my arms and my chest has started to subside, but I still have a very odd rash on both of my cheeks. It appears almost like faded broken veins. It’s hardly noticeable. And some lumps it looks like on my left cheek like hives. What just happened to me? That was scarier than hell! I thought I was going to die or something. Can anyone tell me? I thought maybe injected into an artery but the blood was dark red so I don’t know.
Hey I know exactly what you’re talking about and it is not from a mess but the missing or whatever that one guy was talking about a person was talking about where the van isn’t healthy that’s a real thing too and you don’t realize that’s what it is in the moment however we’re having an unhealthy thing and the only thing I have been able to figure out or come up with is that it’s almost like an allergic reaction to something that it’s made with her cup with because I have it as well but not all the time it depends on the stuff the batch I guess. I had been searching several months ago trying to figure out the exact same thing and this is all I could come up with if you find anything differently let me know and yes it still happens.

I've pushed through a vein out the other end and got a rash because it leaked out. Always hot water right away when you notice it so the chemicals break up faster