View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HELP!! Bad experience with Ket

mheliee

Greenlighter
I recently just tried K like 2-3 days ago for the first time. Right after I sniffed with my left nostril, I had a pounding headache, mainly on the left side of my head. That night I threw up 3 times, thinking I got it out of my system. Today (almost 3 days later), I'm still feeling a pounding headache, all over my head and I'm still somewhat nauseous.
What should I do?
Is this normal for a first-timer?

no mate u might have meningitis this is very bad seek medical attention straight away and don't miss out any details next time only use the right nostril as u obviously use more of the left side of your brain which is more creative

Your nostrils do not transport drugs directly to your brain, and I don't know what relevance which nostril he snorted with would be if that were the case. You certainly have an active left brain, because that was very creative!
To the OP, it is not normal to have a headache several days after using ketamine. I doubt your ketamine had meningitis-causing bacteria also. Are there any other factors you might not be considering that are causing the headache? Have you tried taking any medicine for it?
It sounds like a migraine since you described it as only on one side. Have you had migraines before?

I've never had migraines before and my friend who sniffed with me is completely fine. I didn't want to take any medication in case it reacts with it (haha clearly I don't know much about this stuff). Could K induce migraines? I don't think it's a migraine because it's not a pulsing sensation, and nor is it on one side anymore. Do you have any other ideas?
Thanks for helping me out!

Here's a thread that might be interesting to you: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/613407-Does-Ketamine-give-you-a-headache
MSG cut seems like it might be the cause. Can you recall ever getting headaches from eating foods with MSG in them?
Also, take some tylenol or advil. It won't make matters worse for you and there's no point in maintaining the pain. As a former migraine sufferer, I feel for you. Days of intolerable pain is no fun.

Well if you had meningitis (??) you'd probably already be dead, so don't worry about that. However if possible, I'd maybe go see your doctor and get it checked out, a 3-day pounding headache does not sound normal.

Did you or your friend actually get ketamine effects?

I think most of the time a headache (assuming it is not secretly migraine or cluster headache instead) is caused by expanding or contracting bloodvessels in the brain, dehydration, tension or (really not sure about this one but perhaps) oxidative stress related factors. Then again: like the latter, chemicals may also be a cause / source for a wide variety of reasons and it would be a bit too coincidental if you got the pain immediately after snorting. That said I can't really make a meaningful link between ketamine and headaches right now - especially the kind that would persist for days - and it seems just as likely that there were other compounds you snorted that may have been the reason.

With that in mind it seems like a good idea to see a doctor of you continue to have this problem. A good doctor would probably ask you about the type of sensation, since there is quite a range of types of pain - that might narrow it down a bit, if I were you I would try my best to describe it well e.g. trobbing / piercing / nagging / pressure-y etc, even if you aren't asked about it that way.

I get headaches after doing large amounts of ketamine. Always have right since the beginning.
After a few days they go away though, I've dubbed them headaKes

Do the headaches feel very throbbing and like very tension like? Like someone's wrapped a band very tightly around your skull?