• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Help, advice from users with experience please, another injection site gone downhill :(

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
Pretty sure I've blown the vein, it really stung at the end when i finished injecting, it wasnt a miss. I think its because i used too much fluid (3ml)
Everything was sterile/new and i used clean water and did other shots (IV + IM) from the same batch and none went like this.
There was a small blister but it popped in my pocket, i applied rubbing alcohol.
Its not sore, warm or hard. To the touch you cant even tell its there
Im actually on a hospital ward now (unrelated) so I'm going to ask. I'm concerned because the last few hours it seems to have started going green mlll

Anyone had this? It looks like the start of the 2nd link in my sig, i really don't want another one like that to devolp. It's in the worst place, impossible to hide. The difference is that the link on my sig had like a 40 hole track, this only hsd like 5,but it did have a lot of scar tissue :(

I know im stupid I don't need to hear, ive just been in bit of a bad place recently.

Yep you blew the vein, hands are too fragile to push that much fluid mate. Keep a clean pressure bandage if some kind on it and dont use those veins, give iv a break for a while.

Looks like just a fucked vein, it'll fix itself.

In a bad way mate? Well, it will get better and while shit is shit now, keeping this up will not make shit better so take time to get your mind healthy by giving it a rest from substances you don't really need, try to get rest, if you can't then maybe hospital can help by giving you some sleeping aids or something, even seroqurl?

You'll be right, your veins will thank you for a rest.

What was in the shot?
Ket (not pharma) fine grain crystal and boiled tap water.
I'm surprised and kinda offended you actually have to ask ME that mate.
Yep you ble the vrin, hands are too fragile to push that much fluid mate. Keep a clean pressure bandage if some kind on it and dont use those veins, give iv a break for a while.
Thanks for the quick reply. So, i dont need to worry about it being infected and spreading/going green/black like the one in the 2nd link in my sig? Cuz I'll go and ask for anti biotics now if I do?
It's just it seems a little bigger and slightly green today compared to previous days?

Err sorry I didn't see that, just the first pic.

Yep, get antibiotics, looks local infection so isn't the worst ever yet.

What's going on anyway mate?

Err sorry I didn't see that, just the first pic.

Yep, get antibiotics, looks local infection so isn't the worst ever yet.

What's going on anyway mate?
Ah really. Dam. I was relived as fuck then now i feek shitty again, any idea WHAT anti biotics i need for local skin infection?

And so, is it the blown vein that's caused the local infection?

Just some personal IRL shit dw I'll live, thanks for the concern

Copy paste job:

Management involves immediate surgical exploration of the tissue to drain the pus and remove all the dead skin. Broad spectrum antibiotics such as amoxicillin with clavulanic acid or a combination of vancomycin or flucloxacillin and metronidazole and an aminoglycoside are required.

May as well get it looked at, you would be feeling it by now if its spread through your system, area would be really hot and you'd feel like shit.

Still, get it looked at, get it cleaned out.

May as well get it looked at, you would be feeling it by now if its spread through your system, area would be really hot and you'd feel like shit.

Still, get it looked at, get it cleaned out.
Its not hot at all. I'm going to try multiple latherings ofnsome topical antiseptic cream tonight and see if it improves. If it doesnt, I'll go to the GPs AnE tomorrow for a prescription topical anti biotic cream.

Infections are bacteria from on or above the skin getting under it. Your body pushes foreign material away from the body the quickest way possible so it drives it up and to the skin, it gets trapped in an abscess.

If its gone up your vein there will be red streaks coming out in straight lines from the vein under the skin. This is bad if that happens and you need iv anti biotics.

Local infections just oral antibiotics .

To be safe you should get antibiotics, won't cost you anything I think, right, since you guys have civilized medicine? But at the very least, keep a close eye on it. If you start to feel any heat coming from it or if it gets worse, go get antibiotics ASAP.

Theres no heat or red streaks.
I just got some antiseptic topical cream from the pharmacy, its got Allantonin, Cetrimide and 2,4-Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol in. Ive got some Germolene at home too so ill apply both vigorously. If it doesnt look better by the time i wake up I'll go get antibiotics.

Actually i changed my mind and went and bit the bullet and spoke to a doctor about my filthy IV habit, better safe than sorry, i dont want to end up with another crater/scar like I have on my left hand. Because what I have now soon turned into:

And left this nice mark

Its bad enough that I've killed yet another 'old faithful' vein, i really don't want that shit at another (ex)site.

He was surprised there was no pain, heat or streaks but said thats obviously a good thing. He said the anti septic cream is a good start but maybe its too late for that to heal it alone, so is prescribing me 3 days of fluoxa-something.

Stay safe peeps