• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

help, adderall prescription wont be continued by my new doctor.

thatonegingerguy

Greenlighter
Hi, im new to this so i apologize if this is the incorrect placement for this but i have a question. i have been taking adderall for roughly 3 years as prescribed without any issues, and it has been working wonders on my ADHD. i recently moved and had to switch psychiatrists and my new doc will not continue my perscription at all, not for any reason other than saying "she hasnt nor will she ever prescribe adderall". apparently the area i live in is experiencing issues with prescription pills (especially amphetamines and opiates) being sold on the streets which has led to the docs around here being skiddish about prescribing something like adderall. Ive been on all of the non stimulant alternatives that are out there as well as having tried vyvanse, concerta, and a few others and the only one that seems to work without giving me bad side effects (muscle spasms and facial ticks for vyvanse) is adderall her solution was to put me back on vyvanse with a fairly heavy muscle relaxant to stop the side effects but it basically puts me to sleep and i cant do it anymore. im all set up to see another psychiatrist in a couple of weeks and im trying to figure out how to breach the subject with him without making it seem as though im just drug seeking and scaring him off... should i call ahead and tell them that is why i am coming in or wait until i see the doctor to bring it up? any advice on how to do that would be awesome?

Vyvanse should be exactly the same effect as adderall, even less side effects ... just try and get the highest dose possible, which is 70mg ...

Sorry to hear that about your psych doc. Some doctors these days are worried about their own skin and not their patients. I would see another psych, and tell him about your past history with being prescribed adderall. It should not be a problem getting it re-prescribed but since it's a schedule 2 substance some docs may be a little hesitant giving it to you right off the bat. It's worth it to be patient and build a relationship with your doc/psych. You may not get what you want immediately but stick with your doc and build that trust with him and you'll get your script back.

Modafinil is pretty solid if your just trying to focus stay alert ECT. I take both Adderall and modafinil and the difference real seems to be modafinil is alot more gentle. If Vyvanse gives you muscle spasms and tics I don't see why Adderall wouldn't also.