Hello mods, I have an idea, but no idea how you would integrate this :)

Runtoparadise

Bluelighter
So, just after answering one post, (well, multiple posts from the same poster), who no one had yet responded to & had (after being ditched from his methadone program to join his mother (there was also a recently deceased father), & bought a few sub strips to hold him, these first forced him into precipitated wds.... He was then ok for a few days prior to going into major withdrawl & sitting in his bedroom toying with a gun.

The next post I read was disturbingly similar, though that had some support going on.

My point is, can't we make an app, or at least have an alert on BL for members old & New who just cannot cope any longer?!?

I for one would allow you to route my mobile number for australian residents, & I certainly know many kind hearted BLers who would do the same in their state/country.

If a life is at risk is there a way to team up & do this?

Rtp

This type of thing would be abused, but an alternative idea for you if you want to help is be active in the Dark Side section. There is a suicide thread there and I'm sure people who are pretty sad or depressed wouldn't mind a friendly PM. Remember if people are talking suicide anonymously on a forum they might be doing it to let it out anonymously without someone knowing their number or where they live. For them it might be therapeutic, so they might prefer a PM.

Don't forget anonymity saves lives from law enforcement too!

Yes, the Dark Side always needs active members and different perspectives.

I do appreciate your tenacity, and in theory the alerts are a great idea, but they would be abused on many different levels. Also, anonymity is crucial for the smooth functioning of this site. While some of us aren't too concerned if our real identities are known, most others would absolutely not participate if their identities were not protected.