• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hello everyone! New here and want to asask about Espranor

Alex73

Greenlighter
I’m reducing the meth by 5 ml a fortnight and was told yesterday I’ll go onto esprinol when im down to 20 ish meth. I can’t find a single thing about it online at All!!! I know it’s very new and my clinic is only one of 2 in the Uk to use it. Anyone tell me anything? Thanks in advance! ?Also my clinic are stopping prescribing Subbutex and going over to this Esprinor. I don’t get another script for 3 weeks so can’t ask them more till then. Weird how I can’t find jack about it online?!

Last edited:
Hi Alex73,

I'll move you over to Basic Drug Discussion, where you'll have better luck getting an answer to your question. Feel free to post back in New Member Introductions if you would like to formally introduce yourself.

Welcome to Bluelight :)

NMI --> BDD

Hi Alex73,

I'll move you over to Basic Drug Discussion, where you'll have better luck getting an answer to your question. Feel free to post back in New Member Introductions if you would like to formally introduce yourself.

Welcome to Bluelight :)

NMI --> BDD
Thanks very much x

Espranor® oral lyophilisate is a new rapid-dispersing formulation of buprenorphine that is indicated for the substitution treatment of opioid dependence. The effectiveness and tolerability of buprenorphine in this indication is well established. Espranor® is administrated by placing it on the tongue and, relative to sublingual formulations of buprenorphine, disperses more rapidly and has greater bioavailability. Because of its rapid dispersion, its use may be preferred over that of sublingual formulations by some patients. Clinics and pharmacies that dispense buprenorphine, including those in prisons and drug treatment centres, may also prefer the use of Espranor®, as the rapid oromucosal dispersion of the lyophilisate may reduce post-administration supervision time, and help prevent misuse and diversion of the drug.

It looks like it’s a buprenorphine rapid release wafer. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your rapid reply outside! I didn’t know it was buprenorphine. I just heard from my key worker that it was a little wafer that was rapidly absorbed, I guess to prevent spit outs. That’s cleared that up then! Many thanks again. Should be on these by August, September then. Nice one?