• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hello Bluelighters.

bulldog99

Greenlighter
I just discovered this site a couple days ago and decided to join this site today. I'm probably the oldest person here but I still need some help with an oxycodone addiction. I started using oxycodone about 10 years ago for sciatica and was using 40 to 60 mg for ten years. My pain doctor cut me off and no more scripts. But I still have access to a two week supply were I take 30 to 60 mg a day. Most days 30 mg. This is for two weeks once a month than withdrawal the rest of the month. I always swear I will stop for good but once they're in the house my will power breaks down. A family member has a script so they're right under my nose. They don't need them but won't stop. Anyway looking for some support and encouragement to break this cycle as it's really getting old. I do have comfort meds so withdrawals are not that bad.

Hello @bulldog99,

Props to you for reaching out for support. I'm going to shoot this over to Health and Recovery where you'll find better support.

Welcome to Bluelight!

Hi, welcome :)

I think the first thing that you need to do is have a conversation with the family member about bringing oxy in to the house. Now obviously this is a difficult conversation because I assume that to some or other extent it is their house too and they have a right to treat it as such, and you say they don't really need them but it's difficult to tell someone that when the doctor is still scripting them (no matter how correct it may be). It may be a case that the conversation needs to go along the lines of them never ever letting you have any or knowing where they are, but when push comes to shove an agreement like that can break down really quickly.

The long and short of it is that it's going to be extremely hard to get and stay clean all the time your drug of choice is coming in to your home environment and being available to you in this way. My opinion is that it's paramount to find a resolution to that situation that will enable you to have what is essentially an oxy-free home environment in which to do your recovery, and then you can start thinking about making a taper plan and building an onwards structure to help you in your recovery.

I couldn't get and stay clean if someone was bringing oxy in to my house and letting me have it on a monthly basis, so don't feel bad!

Hi, welcome :)

I think the first thing that you need to do is have a conversation with the family member about bringing oxy in to the house. Now obviously this is a difficult conversation because I assume that to some or other extent it is their house too and they have a right to treat it as such, and you say they don't really need them but it's difficult to tell someone that when the doctor is still scripting them (no matter how correct it may be). It may be a case that the conversation needs to go along the lines of them never ever letting you have any or knowing where they are, but when push comes to shove an agreement like that can break down really quickly.

The long and short of it is that it's going to be extremely hard to get and stay clean all the time your drug of choice is coming in to your home environment and being available to you in this way. My opinion is that it's paramount to find a resolution to that situation that will enable you to have what is essentially an oxy-free home environment in which to do your recovery, and then you can start thinking about making a taper plan and building an onwards structure to help you in your recovery.

I couldn't get and stay clean if someone was bringing oxy in to my house and letting me have it on a monthly basis, so don't feel bad!
I agree with everything you've said. I've had the conversation with my wife and she wants her oxy. Right now I'm one week clean and none will be available until next week so I'll be two weeks clean. Than a new script for her will be filled. She gives in to me when I ask for a dose even though their locked up. Years ago I kicked a long darvon habit and threw them away and that was the end of that. If they weren't in the house I would be fine as I have no street connections. I guess I need some iron will power to deal with them in the house.