Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Hell on Wheels

boardsofcanada

Bluelighter
Has any one else watched this show?

From Wikipedia
Hell on Wheels is an American Western television series created and produced by Joe and Tony Gayton. Set in 1865, the series centers on the settlement that accompanied the construction of the first transcontinental railroad, referred to as "Hell on Wheels" by the company men, surveyors, support workers, laborers, prostitutes, mercenaries and others who make the mobile encampment their home. It stars Anson Mount as Cullen Bohannon, a former Confederate soldier who works as a foreman on the railroad as he tries to track down the Union soldiers who murdered his wife and young son.

The first season was pretty good. Acting was great and the characters are interesting.

The second season airs August 12th on AMC

Season 2 Promo

i couldn't really get into the first episode of the first season, seemed boring to me. If the series turns out to be great i'll give it another try.

I started on S1 hoping it might give what I lost when I finished Deadwood. Season 1 was a little slow, too much drama not enough action. Season 2 was more drama less action again, although the story is consistently engaging.

NSFW:
I was pretty shocked to see Lily die. Cullen is going to be even more fucked up now.

So, the Swede is legitimately dead now, right? Jesus. He was insane.

I have a hard time getting into a show that concludes every episode with a plaintive ballad played over a sentimental montage. So many shows do this! Three that immediately come to mind are Hell on Wheels, House and Friday Night Lights.