• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Heat extracted THC -> Re-condensed vapor

ChipTrippyFox

Bluelighter
Heat extracted Hash Oil -> Re-condensed vapor

Since acquiring my Arizer extreme Q I have enjoyed the switch to vaporizing. I hardly ever smoke any more :) I still enjoy it from time to time since I still enjoy the sensation of nailing back big bong rips. I need to acquire a second glass bong; I like to use this one with my vaporizer but it requires a perfect cleaning after even just 1 smoke session. The smoke residue completely ruins the taste of the vapor.
11s01uo.jpg
Because my bong has a kink in it, I like to load it with ice as seen above :)
The point being is that vapor is much cleaner and pure than smoke.. so collecting the resin from vapor should provide one with some potent hash oil

I have seen many mentions of people using cotton pads/balls in their vapes for the use of concentrates. After reading about it I decided it is safe enough to try doing the opposite; using cotton to re condense the vapor from flower

Here is how I loaded the cotton. There is one big bunch in the elbow and there is a really small one in the tube, I used a small piece of cylindrical glass that broke off the down stem on my bong to hold the cotton in the tube without being sucked into my mouth
2rmxnvp.jpg

2mperl1.jpg

35bbcjl.jpg

I imagine the parts that are dark brown are from vaped flower particles that make its way through the mesh filter.

The big ball catches the most condensation but the small one is the most pure since it is getting cotton filtered vapor.
drcl06.jpg
Now.. OBVIOUSLY this can't be used in an oil rig or smoked.. This is only meant to be recycled through a vaporizer (Preferably one that blasts hot air at the chamber rather than one with some sort of heating element inside the chamber)

Vaping from the oil collected is blissful. It has it's own unique (good) taste from the flower it came from and has got me higher than I've ever imagined being from marijuana alone.

Also I guess I should mention that I also use cotton to collect the residue in the tube/elbow connector.

SO does anyone else do this?

Last edited:
My daily driver I use for smoking flower and dabbing oil so I totally understand your obsession with cleaning the bong for taste.

When I vaped flower a lot I never collected the reclaim, but now that I have a reclaim oil catcher I do. However, it's now for dabbing oil but the "reclaim" left over is a very similar to the left over from vaping flower. I imagine an oil catcher would work somewhat on your setup (maybe really well), but that's just a guess as I've never tried it myself. If it did work, you would at least not have to deal with the cotton at all. Just an idea.

I am curious about this, is there a specific product name for this? I'll google it a bit

is this what you mean?
1_12-1027_1__05964.1412196555.500.750.jpg

I'm not sure it would work the same way

That's it. It would be an experiment for sure :)

I almost want to hook up my vape for the next week just to see if it would work.

Bit off subject can I just dissolve my synth cann in PG cap it n eat it ? I don't like they idea of inhaling anything being asthmatic n all ?

I think that is possible though I have no experience with synthetic cannibinoids.

You may even be able to skip the capping part completely and just eat the powder

That being said; you're right, it's very off topic.. make your own thread

^ Haha

To further explain my reasoning for those who do not use an oil catcher on an oil set up:
The picture of the oil catcher is deceiving; the oil does not "drip" into the catcher unless you are using way too much. The oil catcher works the same way the OP describes the "re-condensed vapor". The oil re-solidifies while in the vapor form and catches itself to sides of the glass. The catcher works with gravity to keep it all in one place.

The main difference between the two is temperature of the vapor. Vaping is going to be at a much lower temperature and the oil residue might be a lot more "dense" because of this and would probably be "messier" than traditional dabbing. That's just a guess though as I haven't tried it yet. At this point, I might as well. Thanks for the thread idea OP.

Please do try it! I am very interested in your findings. A way to recondense the vaporizer without the use of cotton would certainly be nice; then I could still have my byproduct treat in a more organized fashion :) I like this idea I came up with but there are some flaws; such as not being able to tell how much oil is actually saturating the cotton

I was hoping for more attention here (consider this a bump)
I'm wondering if my original choice in title was less effective than I had hoped. Is there a way to change the title? I tried changing the subject title of the original post but it doesn't effectively display the changed title in the thread listing.

Original: Heat extracted THC -> Re-condensed vapor
More effective choice of words?: Heat extracted Hash Oil -> Re-condensed vapor

Why not extract the oil, from the oil soaked cotton ball, with iso or ethanol? At least you'd not have to vaporize the cotton and you'd have straight oil to work with.

That's not a bad idea if you would like to use the oil in some other way like in a dab rig.
For someone who doesn't have a dab rig however; working with straight concentrates means you'll have to use cotton anyways (maybe you can put the concentrates on top of your vape bowl with bud?)

I don't mind using the cotton so I haven't really bothered thinking about extracting the oil from the cotton. Perhaps this would be an effective way to make tinctures or green dragon drink?

((kaosisallwesee your next post will be #420 yaaaaayyy! ))