• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heart Palpitations and Insomnia

Roxus0

Greenlighter
Brand new member on this website, but I'm in search of some help. Last night I had purchased of what I was known to believe a half gram of cocaine. When I made it back to my place and emptied the bag, I instantly noticed there were small, foggy-clear rocks in the bag. My assumption was that it had been cut with some crystal. Foolishly, I cut it up and snorted it with a buddy of mine. (.25 each) hours went by and I realized that the high was lasting way longer than a cola high should. I eventually took my buddy home and went back to my house to get some rest. It didn't take long for me to realize that my heart was still beating harder and faster than it should, despite the high being gone. The palpitations were so bad I couldn't even sleep even though I was quite tired. It's been over 24 hours since then and the palpitations have only slightly calmed down, yet still I cannot sleep. (I've been trying to for the past 4 hours) Is there anything that can be done if this problem persists? Should I go see a doctor and tell him/her about it?

Another thing, this was only my 4th or 5th time doing cocaine, even though I believe it's the crystal that's messing with me.

Id probably get checked. 24 hours and only slightly better palpitations? Insomnia too. Couldve been anything in there. If you have a benzo like Valium, take that and see if you can relax and get that heart going normal. But please go if worried.

It just gives mes me piece of mind honestly. Its probably not needed but if you had severely altered blood pressure or pulse then you know im not having anxiety I need to go to the er. Everytime though I was just having a panic attack.

Thanks for the responses guys! I can probably get some valium from said buddy. When I first tried going to sleep my bpm was 101. I checked it about 2 hours ago and it was 83 so it's getting back to normal. If I'm unable to get some good sleep today then I'm definitely getting myself checked. I know my blood pressure was high because I'm a light guy (140lbs) and it felt like my whole body was throbbing at some points.

A 101 hr is nothing if your in a otherwise healthy condition at peaks my heart rate sometimes goes up to 138. At hospitals if ur dying and have a weak pulse when they shoot you up with atropine and adrenaline it can go from 50 to 160 Bpm

* by nothing I mean if you ingested meth a hr of 101 would be expected in a normal individual as a direct result of meth acting your sympathetic nervous system vs someone taking meth and having a rapid irregular heart beat due to a structural abnormality at birth which is not a normal reaction. Ya vasoconstiction feels weird I have emergency bp medication and I use nicotine as a vasodialator via mach agonism

Thanks again, gave me a little peace of mind. Still at a steady hr of 80, not beating as hard though. Still am a little worried, but I feel I can atleast fall asleep now. If a long rest doesn't help them I'm gonna try to get some Valium. If that doesn't work then I'm definitely getting checked. May post an update when I wake up.

For reference sake, I had an episode once myself that was kind of similar. I wasn't buying powder, I was buying Ecstasy pills. I had been going through the same source for a long time. Ten pills, Hundred pills, it didn't matter and they were always good. Well, one time I pick up a pack of 10 and there are 2 extras of a different color to make 12. I couldn't resist taking them. They ended up giving me, I don't know, 10% of what an Amphetamine/MDMA buzz might be, followed by ~16 hours of high anxiety, palpitations and for some reason believing I had poisoned myself.

It took some years for me to put together a hypothesis, but I now believe it could have been Para-Methoxyamphetamine (PMA). The following day I had a kind of hangover and odd, lingering depression of sorts, but by the next day, I was pretty normal. I also remember waking up in sweat, which obviously isn't normal. My point is that there could be anything in there. If you're really nervous I would seek medical attention though. It might, if nothing else just help allay your anxiety.

It sounds like you'll be fine. The vast majority of palpitations are common, benign occurrences. It sounds like they're probably PVCs being worsened by anxiety and insomnia. Go to a doctor immediately if it feels like youre having thousands over the course of the day or if youre having prolonged episodes of arrhythmia (such as your heart "skipping" a beat every time for minutes or hours)

Otherwise, I agree with everyone else. It really won't hurt to go to a doctor, and they may give you a short term script for an anxiolytic.

Was able to sleep for roughly 7 hours and things seem back to normal. Heartbeat is still noticeable but not nearly as hard as usual. Hr is now back to my normal 60-70 bpm. I'm still trying to decipher what the hell that stuff was, and I'm starting to believe the majority of it was just straight ice. It had me going for a solid 8 hours after whiffing the last bit, which I know coke wouldn't do.