• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

🧑‍🌾 Gardening 🧑‍🌾 heart medication to threat alcoholism, REALLY??

Gardening
No comment on the drug but I've always thought the key to 'cure' to alcoholism lies within those of us that seem to be unaffected by its addictive qualities.

Why is it no one in my family drinks. Like, most won't even have a beer at a nice dinner. Certainly no one drinks regularly letalone gets drunk. But we've all at some point worked as bartenders or lived in environments where we drank daily over months or years, only to completely stop when no longer in that environment, and none of us went back to it.

This is strange to me. There is some genetic side to it as many of this family I've barely met - it's not a social construct within our 'tribe'. Something is in our blood that means we are seemingly immune to alcoholism.

Ive always found that odd.

I think a whole lot of how we respond to drugs is genetic, probably due to metabolic factors (levels of metabolic enzymes) and receptor densities and such.

from wikipedia, it seems it has too many side effects.

i want to add this article to this thread; https://www.nbcnews.com/health/ment...om-help-people-alcohol-use-disorder-rcna44180

its quite recent article. so it probably holds some truth and power to it !!

let me know, please!!

Psychedelics definitely show potential in treating a wide array of psychological problems, including addiction. Particularly when taken as an adjunct to guided therapy. It's very fortunately for us all that research into this has finally resumed.

what are the thoughts of the more professional educated chemists & shit !??!?

I'm the "shit" I guess lol.

Stupid. So is the term "alcohol use disorder" -- just more convoluted language that softens what the thing really is..

Alcoholism is self-medication by people in pain (emotional pain mostly). How exactly is heart medication going to treat trauma??

that is fucking dangerous.

that's my professional opinion

This can lead to heart failure, coma, cardiac flutter, breathing issues, death, stop me when i've listed enough

have these people no education? who wrote this crap?

Anything to do with blood pressure is a no no with alcohol.

Are they saying, taking medication that would kill off alcoholics if they drink is the way to go?
fuck me?

I think a whole lot of how we respond to drugs is genetic, probably due to metabolic factors (levels of metabolic enzymes) and receptor densities and such.

Psychedelics definitely show potential in treating a wide array of psychological problems, including addiction. Particularly when taken as an adjunct to guided therapy. It's very fortunately for us all that research into this has finally resumed.

i never understood the thing with psychedelics helping cure addicts, especially alcoholism in my case, since ive tried so many especially shrooms, it made me wanna drink MORE! and LSD actually really made me wanna drink too and made it so much more fun. drinking on shrooms wasnt AS FUN but it helped A LOT with bad trips!!! so yeh, that is some BS psychedelics can cure addicts, at least from my long term experience using them anyway.

^
Psychedelics can be used recreationally but also in a more spiritual or holistic way . If you take them with the sole intention of tripping balls I doubt you're going to reap any long lasting benefits from them.

However if you take them as an adjunct to therapy , going into the trip with a clearly defined purpose they can work on a whole different level and be used to treat a disease like alcoholism. Set and setting means a lot! So dont diss it if you havent put in any effort.