• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Heart Health

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Try to make this quick. I workout 4-5 days a week, drink a lot of water, take supplements, eat pretty well during the week. I feel like I take good care of myself for the most part. I go to bed at like 8 or 9 every night during the week but on the weekends. I have a great job and do very well for myself. But on the weekends I like to take my prescribed adderall to stay awake and I drink a pretty good amount of beer on the weekends. I like to go out and socialize, etc. But I make sure I don't go over 50-60 mg in a day and I only do it on the weekends, and I'm very strict about not going over that, I do it in 10-15 mg increments every few hours. I also puff a Juul on the weekends.

I tend to be a hypochondriac, and as far as I'm told by doctors I'm very healthy, however I am also a huge hypochondriac and I'm worried about dropping dead of a heart attack, I'm in my early 30s, I get told all the time worrying and stressing is going to kill me just as fast as anything else will. But I only worry about stuff like this. Mainly because I tend to Google a lot of shit and they say you shouldn't mix adderall and alcohol, but I feel like there's no way that everyone on addy doesn't drink, and I know that pretty much they recommend you shouldn't take any prescription and alcohol regardless of what it is.

I'm not looking for someone to tell me its not at all detrimental to health, I know alcohol itself is detrimental and adding anything else will obviously not be ideal health wise. I'm just curious based off of people on here that are a lot more experienced with drugs than I am and habe probably done way worse for way longer,, and maybe theyre less anxious than I am on if i will do any major harm to myself. Obviously I don't plan on doing this forever, but right now I'm really enjoying life and it really helps with my energy on the weekends.

I am not your physician but I find it highly unlikely that you would have a heart attack from 60mg of amphetamine and some beer. lol. Though maybe a recreational drug that causes less anxiety may be more enjoyable to you?

I am not your physician but I find it highly unlikely that you would have a heart attack from 60mg of amphetamine and some beer. lol. Though maybe a recreational drug that causes less anxiety may be more enjoyable to you?
Well I drink like 10-13 beers in a night on the weekends....

I can also be very hypochondriac at times lol. I've found that dealing with the facts is the best way to address it, most of the fear comes from being uncertain.
Go see a cardiologist if you're worried and get your heart checked (ECG, echocardiogram, stress test, maybe even carry a holter for a day).

Look at your family history of sudden death and heart problems. People who drop death in their 30-40s usually aren't isolated cases, many times they had an uncle or a grandfather who also died very young. Otherwise you don't have much to worry about IMO.
Cocaine in particular increases the risk but not amphetamine (at least not substantially).

Now, heart disease is the biggest killer in the world, but you're too young for that to be a mejor concern. It is mainly a lifestyle illness (bad diet, sedentarism, isolation, smoking, etc...).

Alcohol can be pretty damaging though, specially with long term use. 10-13 beers within a few hours isn't a huge amount but it ain't healthy, I'd consider cutting back in the future.

I don't currently have a source for this claim but I'm under the impression that drinking 13 beers one night a week is worse than drinking 2 beers every day.
One of the reasons is that your liver produces more toxic acetaldehyde when you consume a lot of ethanol within a short amount of time.

I can also be very hypochondriac at times lol. I've found that dealing with the facts is the best way to address it, most of the fear comes from being uncertain.
Go see a cardiologist if you're worried and get your heart checked (ECG, echocardiogram, stress test, maybe even carry a holter for a day).

Look at your family history of sudden death and heart problems. People who drop death in their 30-40s usually aren't isolated cases, many times they had an uncle or a grandfather who also died very young. Otherwise you don't have much to worry about IMO.
Cocaine in particular increases the risk but not amphetamine (at least not substantially).

Now, heart disease is the biggest killer in the world, but you're too young for that to be a mejor concern. It is mainly a lifestyle illness (bad diet, sedentarism, isolation, smoking, etc...).

Alcohol can be pretty damaging though, specially with long term use. 10-13 beers within a few hours isn't a huge amount but it ain't healthy, I'd consider cutting back in the future.

I don't currently have a source for this claim but I'm under the impression that drinking 13 beers one night a week is worse than drinking 2 beers every day.
One of the reasons is that your liver produces more toxic acetaldehyde when you consume a lot of ethanol within a short amount of time.
Thanks for the feedback. I've just read articles about mixing uppers with downers and it concerned me. Maybe I should stay off Google lol

Thanks for the feedback. I've just read articles about mixing uppers with downers and it concerned me. Maybe I should stay off Google lol
Yeah there's quite a bit of misinformation about mixing uppers and downers (looking at you reddit and quora :LOL:)
The most common issue is that some uppers are very good at masking the side effects of downers and viceversa, so you can end up taking more than you normally would and potentially going into OD territory when one of them wears out.

Generally speaking it doesn't really put extra strain on the heart compared to taking the stim by itself.
That being said, not all downers are created equal
Benzos are the safest by far, they're pretty effective at treating overstimulation and they have a huge safety margin (very hard to have a dangerous OD, unless multiple downers are in the mix). The caveat with benzos is addiction and delusions of sobriety.

Alcohol is not a real downer though, it's kinda like a chimera.
On one hand it's dangerous to mix with sedatives due to an increased risk or respiratory depression.
On the other hand it dehydrates you and puts strain on the cardiovascular system all by itself, and even more so when mixed with stimulants.
The "worst" example might be alcohol + cocaine which greatly increases overall toxicity and the risk of death (it's somewhat of a special case though).

Amphetamines + a low to moderate amount of alcohol should be fine though, it's best to avoid making an habit of it but it ain't that dangerous (if done somewhat responsibly).

Same here but on cocaine (3-400mg), usually with 4-5 standard drinks of alcohol. Feel changes in sensations in heart area after 2-3 times a week of this for 3 months. At around 40% of worriedness, where 80%+ should initiate immediate measures against those habits. Hopefully, earlier :)