• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Healthstone Question

CTdopeLove

Bluelighter
Just got my healthstone inner-cooler handvape yesterday, and have been using it with some very nice quality shatter. However, I'm still trying to get my technique down, which leads to a question about using a healthstone. I'm using a triple jet butane lighter, melting the shatter into the healthstone and then holding the flame of the torch about 1 inch away from the healthstone in order to vape the oil without combusting it. I'm getting decent hits, but I seem to be getting a lot of oil leaking through the stone and running down the sides of the pipe.

I bought the pipe directly from the source, so it's a genuine HSG pipe and stone. Anyone have any tips on keeping oil from leaking through the stone and running down the side of the pipe? Put less oil in the pipe? Tip the pipe on it's side after hitting it? Any tips are much appreciated, but if you're going to say switch to a Ti or quartz nail I'm already ahead of you - the HS is my portable dab pipe, as it delivers much more vapor than my gpen.

Thanks,
CTdopeLove

I always thought you heated the stone first then applied the oil, but I have never used a health stone.

Either way, I'm sure using less oil and taking smaller hits will help to some degree. I would think if you heated the stone hot enough to vaporize the oil upon contact you would have much less oil wasted.

I guess that could work, but the stone is made to have oil melted into it then vaped using the heat from a torch lighter, but not direct flame. Since practicing my technique I've gotten better at not wasting oil - I was holding the torch too close, causing the oil to heat too fast and drip through the healthstone. I'd still love to hear any tips anyone can share though!

-CTdopeLove

Health Stones will never be as efficient as a traditional nail set up, but you can get pretty close.

Place a small amount of shatter in the middle of the stone. Lightly heat until the shatter puddles (not vapor) into the stone so there is just a wet looking spot on the stone. At this point, hold the triple jet lighter about 1/2 foot away from the stone, pointed at the stone and very slowly approach the lighter to the stone while gently inhaling.

You should be able to get vapor from further than 1 inch and you should be able to get a lot. Even with this technique perfected, you are going to get oil dripping out of the stone. It's inevitable, but the problem can be lessened.

I imagine if you could hold the bong/pipe at an angle where the oil will want to drain/melt further into the stone when you are smoking/heating the stone it might help a little. If you can't hold it at an angle, maybe try rolling it as you heat it so it spreads out over the stone instead of draining out.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Turns out it's all about practice, as my technique is getting better and I'm not getting nearly as much oil dripping through the stone. I think my problem was a combination of not inhaling hard enough and holding the flame too close to the stone. Really liking the healthstone for it's portability, so much so that I'm looking into having a HS pipe made by my favorite artist.

Thanks all!

-CTdopeLove