• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Health Stones

ChemicalSmiles

Ex-Bluelighter
I cant take butane/torch on an upcoming trip via plane. Bringing glass is bad enough.

Anyways... a health stone seems to be an attractive option. All I will need is to purchase a jet lighter when I get to where im going...

I have found that they are WAY overpriced online... I doubt headshops are cheaper... is this one of those newer items I will just get raped on ... as far as price?

Ive used them before and its definitely the perfect option for my trip and I dont even smoke pot anymore. It would be really expensive where I am going anyways...

So suck it up and buy one huh?

I've had my health stone for about 5 years now, they are not that new but the prices are about the same as they have always been (not much cheaper anyway).

The triple jet lighters you can find in cigar shops work fairly well, for as long as they work. The jet lighters are hit or miss. I've had one that lasted over a year(s) and another that lasted one week.

Anyhow, as far as ease of use and portability it's a great option. It's a FAST way to dab. The actual stone can easily lasts several months with constant use. It a good alternative, and might work well for you, but I don't use mine at home much anymore.

I'm not sure how you plan on bringing the used health stone BACK though; that's a different beast that I cannot address.

I have plans on getting rid of the stone or transporting it safely... not on me.

Well.. which lighter did you have good luck with?

It's the same one. These are the ones that either last a year or one week. They are cheap too.

tR4Y0Xf.jpg

it's a cheap lighter from china. no name. extremely common though.

IDK about your destination: but here in canada you can get single jet torch lighters from the dollar store. They may take a bit longer to heat up a stone like that and may break/quit quickly, but you didn't necessarily say you need it to last a long time.

I'm curious why you need the health stone for your trip though???

Salutations ChemicalSmiles,

All I will need is to purchase a jet lighter...

IMO a pre-filled blue-flame "jet" (butane) lighter alone can't promise perfection if the unit won't let me choose which butane gas to put in exactly. It turns out i had to find "filtered" butane gas lately and this was quite a challenge in itself. One product i could find redundantly refered to www.olympiainc.ca, it was mass-distributed but i rejected it for an apparent lack of pertinent "filtering" information it seemed. Forget Colibri, London... Not because they're bad, because they're too expensive i'll bet! Instead i was lucky to get some "7-Loop" filtered butane from Clipper, eventually. Now i guess while traveling by plane i'd just give up butane altogether!

Anyway i like the idea of a health stone, the way i pre-heat my SiC puck in a modded VG pipe i could argue there may be similarities. Though ultimately i'd want an IH pipe that pre-heats "paquetized" streams (of moist air) in seconds, without any effort nor even butane, but that's another perfection story...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Depending on what you look like and destination - put your health stone in your luggage! You can also travel with a butane burner (clean and empty) or buy a cheap one on arrival. I find that the chef's burners from supermarkets are often cheaper than the head shops (for the same item).

Don't pay money for a health stone!!! $25, crazy. 7th floor, the company that makes the silver surfer and da budda vape sell ceramic flavor discs for $5!!!!! You can use a bic lighter to consume your concentrates!!!!!