• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Health and cocaine

Agrodacoca

Greenlighter
Hello this is actually my first post as a blue lighter but I've been an active follower of blue light for quite some time so I apologize if this post seems off or in the wrong context. But I was really interested in understanding the health consequences heavy cocaine use is having on my freind. SWIM has been using cocaine frequently since 13 and is now 18. While SWIM was a casual user while younger his usage turned daily roughy around 17 and he has been doing at least 2 grams a day since the beginning of January this year. SWIM has frequently used large amounts in a short timespan doing up to a Cuban in a day at points and roughly a ounce a week sometimes. SWIM is really worried about the health effects this period of time cause as he had since stopped using for the past 14 days and wants to understand if there was any serious metal or physical consequences to this reckless behaviour. SWIM has since overcomed his addiction but wants to know what damage he might have caused by using so Heavily so often and at such a young age for roughly a 5 year period. Is there any lasting Heath consequences to this reckless behaviour and will his body be able to repair the possible damage he has done to it. Also how has brain function changed at all and will SWIMs mental state be able to return to a healthier state again and if so how long may the effects still be felt?

Last edited:
SWIM Was also wondering if there where any tips on to stave away a relapse as he is very proud to be 2 weeks clean without rehabilitation or outside help and does not want to throw away such an achievement. SWIM also wonders if someday in the far future if he could return to very occasionally use as he still enjoys how amazing it was to use occasionally at a safe amount. Will or is there also any way to repair the damage done to SWIMS nose with his nasal memberane has been heavily eroded due to heavy use with a hole the size of a penny in the back roof of his mouth. Is there any way to repair that damage naturally or surgically? Will it bring future Heath consequences as well if not fixed. Also will his sleep schedule be able to return to normal naturally instead of the insomia created from staying up to 5 days awake on end durring heavy Coke binges. SWIM would extreamly appreciate any knowledge you may be able to share with him as he takes on a new drug free chapter of his life as he has lost way to much to this and refuses to lose any more. Also SWIM would love to know if it is possible anyways to occasionally use again possibly only 3 times or less a year as cocaine is defiantly something he thuroly enjoyed but he does not want to do that if he runs the risk of returning to such distructibe behaviour SWIM already dedicated the past 2 and a half years to ever again.

Welcome to BL and congrats on the two week solo act! And yes, please edit your post-you'll get more responses generally since SWIM is distracting and, well, dishonest. Anyway to answer the questions on health that would take a doctor and diagnostics. An ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor may be your best bet regarding the erosion from insufflation. A PCP (primary care physician) can run basic tests and refer you as needed. Cardiac issues are a main concern but there is an argument that speed also works out the heart muscle more and it can be stronger after use. Not sure where I read that on here somewhere. I think to say using again is to play with fire. Most everyone, myself included was under that impression but drugs change brain chemistry and it's amazing how quickly one use blindsides into a habit again. Your young age is also a concern because any drug use before adulthood can impede growing organs, normal body function, etc. Time will tell but the body is an impressive machine and can bounce back. Regarding the wd and paws that can last a while. For me coming off any speed was easier than downers. Sleep it off and eat and rehydrate. Exercise helps a lot even if all you feel up to is a short walk outside. Stay busy. The insomnia and mind games for the first couple weeks are the worst. Have a good bedtime routine and read the megathread on here about wd so you can manage. You are through the worst of it by now (though wd wasn't bad initially for me and no where near as bad as opioid wd it does get worse if you return and wd again generally). Depression also was tough but that too resolved for me over a few weeks. Stay strong!

You probably will. Find some benzos. No alcohol. If your in any real trouble, just goto hospital. Get your heart checked out with a cardiologist ASAP and dude, you need to retire. If what you say is true, retire.